[NFBOK-Talk] National Federation of the Blind Announces First Partner in New Accessibility Program

Jeannie Massay jmassay1 at cox.net
Tue Oct 4 22:50:02 UTC 2016

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:

Chris Danielsen

Director of Public Relations

National Federation of the Blind

(410) 659-9314, extension 2330

(410) 262-1281 (Cell)

 <mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org> cdanielsen at nfb.org

National Federation of the Blind Announces First Partner in New
Accessibility Program

Baltimore, Maryland (October 4, 2016): The National Federation of the Blind
(NFB) announced today that Target Corporation is the first company to
<https://corporate.target.com/article/2016/09/accessibility-team?>
participate in the NFB's new
<https://nfb.org/national-federation-blind-strategic-nonvisual-access-partne
r-certification> Strategic Nonvisual Accessibility Partnership (SNAP)
initiative. The goal of the SNAP program is to increase the accessibility of
technology by developing productive ongoing partnerships with organizations
in an effort to assist them with infusing accessibility into their culture.

Mark A. Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind, said:
"Target has already made tremendous strides in making its website and
content accessible and now operates one of the most accessible retail
websites on the internet. We are pleased that our two organizations are
taking our relationship to the next level to enhance the shopping experience
of blind Target customers and to demonstrate accessibility best practices
that other companies and organizations can emulate."

###

blindness is not what holds you back.