[NFBOK-Talk] Jobs, Jobs and More Jobs
jmassay1 at cox.net
Fri Oct 14 14:52:51 UTC 2016
Are you a blind person seeking employment?
Are you an employer seeking competent blind employees?
The NFB Employment Committee has the answer!
Want to be on the most active Jobs Website for the Blind, with approximately
2.2 million messages each year? Try the National Federation of the Blind
(NFB) Jobs for the Blind listserv. It's easy to sign up, there is no
charge, and you don't have to be a member of the NFB. Here are the
* Your job postings will go to 500+ blind jobseekers who change
constantly as people who get jobs drop off and new ones come on.
* You'll be able to network with knowledgeable blind people on the NFB
Employment Committee and on the list, and get advice on how to recruit and
accommodate blind employees.
* You'll reach individuals in the rehabilitation system, but also
those who've been in the job market for years and are looking for a career
* You'll learn about and be able to participate in our two national
Job Fairs, one in Orlando, Florida in July (300+ blind jobseekers) and one
in Washington, D.C. in late January/early February (100+ blind jobseekers).
* You'll be able to find jobs with employers who actually want to hire
* You can network with and get career advice from members of the NFB
Employment Committee and experienced blind job seekers.
* Committee members can help you with your resume and with job seeking
* Technology or reasonable accommodation problems? We can help you
get the advice you need.
* We constantly seek new employers, including those in Fortune 500
* You'll be able to attend the two Job Fairs listed above, plus the
Job Seeker Seminars we host in Orlando, Florida, and in other states.
To Sign Up:
* Go to http://employment.nfb.org, follow the link to the listserv
registration, and fill in the blanks. There is lots of other useful
information on our site.
* Go directly to
http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/jobs_nfbnet.org and fill in the
* You can also subscribe to the list via e-mail: send a message to
jobs-request at nfbnet.org <mailto:jobs-request at nfbnet.org> and put the word
subscribe on the subject line by itself.
* E-mail NFB Employment Committee Chair Dick Davis at
ddavis at blindinc.org <mailto:ddavis at blindinc.org> or at dickblind at gmail.com
<mailto:dickblind at gmail.ofg> .
David Andrews and Long White Cane Harry
dandrews at visi.com <mailto:dandrews at visi.com> or david.andrews at nfbnet.org
<mailto:david.andrews at nfbnet.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NFBOK-Talk