[NFBOK-Talk] Updates for 2017 NFBOK 2017 Convention & Student Conference

Jeanie Massay jeannie.massay at nfbok.org
Wed Apr 5 23:07:31 UTC 2017

Greetings Federationists & friends,

The 2017 NFBOK Annual Convention and Student Conference is upon us! Below
you will find important updates and details that you will not want to miss!
Tomorrow, Thursday, April 6th, there are two events happening at the hotel
you will want to be a part of. They are:

1.       Rookie Round-up!!  8:00 - 10:00 in the Holiday Inn Ballroom. If you
are new to the National Federation of the Blind, have never been to an NFBOK
convention or are a seasoned veteran willing to share your convention
experience with our first time attendees, this kick-off event is for you.
Light Hors devours

2.       Regional Student Conference Kick-off and Pizza Party! 7:00 - 9:00
in the Staybridge Suites, Lake Overholser room. Students and mentors greet ,
meet and eat!

Also, of good note.as we have over sold our room block, we now will have
FREE breakfast for everyone staying in either hotel. You will receive
Breakfast Coupons at check-in for each morning that you will be in the
hotel. Your tickets will be accepted at the hotel in which you are
registered. No switching it up!

If you are available to help out at the NFBOK Exhibit Hall table please
contact Rex Schuttler. We still need a few more volunteers.

Last, should you need to contact me the easiest way to do so will be by
calling or texting my cell phone listed below or by finding any member of
the NFBOK Board of Directors listed below:

Audrey Farnum, 1st Vice President

Rex Schuttler, 2nd Vice President

Glenda Farnum, Treasurer

Mike Harvey, Interim Secretary, Board Member

Mike Floyd, board Member

Cammie Loehr, Board Member

I hope to see you there. If we have not met before, I would love to meet
you! This will be a great convention! I look forward to the work we will do
together and the ways in which we will change our lives and those of others
for the better.

Safe travels and get a good night of sleep!

Warmly,

Jeannie

Jeannie M. Massay, President

National Federation of theBlind

Of Oklahoma

505 Baker Street

Norman, OK 73072

Phone: 405-600-0695

Jeannie.massay at nfbok.org <mailto:Jeannie.massay at nfbok.org>

Live the life you want!

characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day, we raise
expectations of the blind because low expectations create obstacles between
blind people and our dreams. Blindness is not what holds you back. You can
live the life you want.!.