[NFBOK-Talk] Sign up for the 10th Anniversary NFB Youth Slam!

Jeannie Massay jmassay1 at cox.net
Wed Apr 19 16:09:59 UTC 2017

With only three weeks left to submit your application, there's no time to
waste in signing up for the 2017 NFB Youth Slam. Are you interested in video
games? Art? Chemistry? Engineering? These are just a few of the awesome STEM
topics that will be covered during the NFB Youth Slam, so make sure you
apply by May 7 <https://nfb.org/youth-slam-student-application> .
>From July 23-29, we'll be at Towson University in Baltimore, Maryland, with
some of the brightest minds in STEM, including engineers, programmers,
artists, and geneticists. You'll stay on the college campus for five days
working with fellow blind high school students and blind mentors while
getting hands-on experience in a variety of STEM fields. We've also got some
great recreational activities planned, like Beep Baseball, Goalball, trivia,
and even karaoke!
Whether you're interested in learning how blind people do STEM, looking for
some practical experience in a STEM field, or just want the chance to find
out if STEM is for you, join us. NFB Youth Slam is a once-in-a-lifetime
experience. You'll make life-long friends and see firsthand how you can live
the life you want. Blindness does not have to hold you back from a career in
STEM. Learn more about the program and apply at
www.blindscience.org/nfb-youth-slam
<http://www.blindscience.org/nfb-youth-slam> .

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, Ext. 2330 | cdanielsen at nfb.org <mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org>
Twitter: @rlawyer

 <https://nfb.org/>

<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>