[NFBOK-Talk] Happy New Year!

Jeannie Massay jmassay1 at cox.net
Mon Jan 2 18:00:19 UTC 2017

Happy new year to all! May 2017 bring you and yours peace, joy and wisdom.

As we move into the new year creating our future together I am filled with
hope, energy and love by participating in the National Federation of the
Blind because my expectations are raised, my contributions make a difference
to me and to others, and I can celebrate the realization of my dreams with
my Federation family. This is our Brand value proposition. However, it has
come to be something that I have internalized because of the ways in which
many of you have touched my life and continue to do so.  As we continue the
work of the Federation together in 2017, and beyond, may we continue to
raise expectations of ourselves and one another. May we continually strive
towards excellence in achieving our goals while allowing for forgiveness
when necessary. We learn better together than apart and gain much more by
communicating openly and honestly with one another. May we continue these
traditions of Federationism and fortify ourselves for what continued growth
for our beloved Federation requires of us. Truly, together with love, hope
and determination, we transform dreams into reality.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. -
Eleanor Roosevelt

It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves. - William
Shakespeare

My best and love to you, your sister in the Federation,

Jeannie

Jeannie M. Massay, President

National Federation of the Blind

Of Oklahoma

505 Baker Street

Norman, OK 73072

Phone: 405-600-0695

Jeannie.massay at nfbok.org <mailto:Jeannie.massay at nfbok.org>

Live the life you want!

characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day, we raise
expectations of the blind because low expectations create obstacles between
blind people and our dreams. Blindness is not what holds you back. You can
live the life you want.!.