[NFBOK-Talk] What do we want? Equal access! When do we want it? Now!

Jeannie Massay jmassay1 at cox.net
Sun Jan 15 21:32:33 UTC 2017

Fellow Federationists,

What do we want? Equal access! When do we want it? Now! The time has come to
have high expectations for blind students in post-secondary educational
settings-we seek to aim high. For too long we have pushed and pulled and
fought with inaccessible technology, but we are no longer willing to
tolerate this inequality, so we say "don't deny."

The United States Capitol Police have just confirmed our demonstration
permit for Tuesday, January 31, 2017, so if you have not already done so,
please make plans to attend our NFB student rally for equal access. I know
some of you will be unavailable due to scheduling conflicts, but I hope that
if you are planning to participate in our 2017 Washington Seminar, and will
not be in an appointment during this time, that you will join us to demand
equal access for blind students in classrooms nationwide. If you know of
blind students or interested supporters who will not be participating in
Washington Seminar, please encourage them to join us to aim high for blind
students on January 31.

We'll gather at the Upper Senate Park, located on the west side of the
Russell Senate Office Building along Constitution Avenue, between Delaware
and New Jersey Avenue, and our rally will begin promptly at 12:00 p.m. No
one moves a policy agenda like the National Federation of the Blind, and I
am confident that with our love, hope, and determination, we will encourage
members of Congress to promptly move our AIM HE legislation along with all
of our other legislative priorities for 2017. It's time for Congress to
#DontDenyAimHigh!

Spread the word: Let's have the largest gathering of blind students ever on
the capitol grounds. Let's demonstrate to all the importance of this issue.
If you have questions about the rally, please contact Gabe Cazares at
gcazares at nfb.org <mailto:gcazares at nfb.org>  or 410-659-9314, extension 2206.

Mark A. Riccobono

President

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314 | officeofthepresident at nfb.org
<mailto:officeofthepresident at nfb.org>

 <https://nfb.org/>

<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>