[NFBOK-Talk] CALL TO ACTION!Rest Area Commercialization

Jeanie Massay jeannie.massay at nfbok.org
Thu Oct 5 16:20:38 UTC 2017

Hello All:

Several weeks ago, we circulated a link that would allow you to send letters
directly to your members of Congress expressing concern over proposed
legislation to allow commercialization of the interstate rest areas. Such
legislation would be devastating to blind vendors who operate vending at
interstate rest areas and to SLA's who rely on funds from third party
vendors at these sites to operate their program and to offer benefits to
their vendors. Rest area commercialization would result in almost 400 lost
jobs, the loss of fringe benefits for hundreds, and lost revenue with which
to operate the programs.

We've had a good response so far; however, with summer over, the kids back
in school, and BLAST out of the way, it is time to ramp things up again.
Please go to
https://nfb.constituentvoice.net/nfbaction/us-nabm_online_letter_to_congress
_commercialization and register your concerns. It will take you less than 2
minutes.

Once you have sent your letters, please:

1. Ask friends and family to do the same;

2. Post it on your Facebook page and/or Twitter account and ask all of your
social media friends to log on and send letters;

3. Forward this email to every vendor in your state and stress the
importance of letting their voices be heard.

Together, we can make a difference. ACT NOW!

Nicky Gacos, President

National Association of Blind Merchants