[NFBOK-Talk] CALL TO ACTION-HR 620 OPPOSITION!

Jeanie Massay jeannie.massay at nfbok.org
Mon Feb 12 18:41:53 UTC 2018

Federationists, friends and family members,

The House  is expected to vote on HR 620 on Wednesday. In addition to making
calls, we need to work social media to show opposition. We are specifically
targeting Congressmen Cole, Mullin and Russell because they are on record as
supporting the bill. In order for these individuals to see our tweets and
Facebook posts, it is essential to tag them. To do so, simply insert their
@username in the tweet or Facebook post. You may also wish to visit the
Facebook pages for each Representative and leave a message on their page
directly. See the sample messages below for examples of the proper way to
tag.

There are several hashtags being used to show opposition. They include:
#OpposeHR620 #HandsOffMyADA and #StopHR620. To use a hashtag in Facebook and
Twitter, simply insert in the message. Usually at the end works best but
there are examples below using it in the middle as well.

There will be Tweets and Posts from the official NFBOK accounts Monday
through Wednesday so you can help by retweeting and sharing. You can follow
us on Twitter with @NFBOK. Our Facebook page is
https://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblindok/

Sample tweets and posts:

@TomColeOK04 @ RepMullin @RepRussell Please stand with the organized blind
of Oklahoma. Protect the rights of people with disabilities. #StopHR620
#HandsOffMyADA

Don't strip down the ADA. Vote no on HR 620. @RepMullin @RepRussell
@TomColeOK04#OpposeHR620#HandsOffMyADA

We #OpposeHR620 because it strips down the ADA and attacks the rights of
people with disabilities. @RepMullin @RepRussell @TomColeOK04 #HandsOffMyADA

Protect the rights of people with disabilities. HR 620 sets us back 30
years. #HandsOffMyADA . Stop Hr 620. @TomColeOK04 @RepMullin @RepRussell
#OpposeHR620

@RepMullin @RepRussell @TomColeOK04 HR620 is a broad & overreaching piece of
legislation that will not stop drive-by lawsuits. It only destroys
protections granted by the ADA & harms people with disabilities.
#OpposeHR620

27 years later and businesses still want to shut us out. Congress agrees our
rights don't matter. That's what HR 620 says to people with disabilities.
@TomColeOK04 @RepMullin @RepRussell #StopHR620

Here are the social media accounts to target in your messages:

Representative Steve Russell -

Twitter @RepRussell

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/reprussell/

Representative MarkWayne Mullin -

Twitter @RepMullin

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/RepMullin/

Representative Tom Cole -

Twitter @TomColeOK04

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/TomColeOK04

Audrey T. Farnum

Director of Communications

National Federation of the Blind Oklahoma

communications at nfbok.org <mailto:communications at nfbok.org>

405-590-6110

http://www.nfbok.org

http://www.twitter.com/nfbok