[NFBOK-Talk] Hurry! Register and book your hotel for the 2019 NFB of Oklahoma state convention

Jeanie Massay jeannie.massay at nfbok.org
Mon Mar 11 18:26:38 UTC 2019

Greetings Federationists and friends of the Federation,

Don't be late for a very important date!

The 2019 National Federation of the Blind of Oklahoma convention is set to
begin the evening of March 28th with a Rookie round-up. If you have never
been to an NFBOK convention, are a long-time member or just want to hang out
to meet new people join us for conversation and discussion about what the
Federation is and more about who we really are. Make up your mind for
yourself! Hors d'ouevres and beverages will be served. Friday and Saturday
are going to be jam-packed with speakers during General Sessions and with
topics of interest to blind people, their friends, family members and those
who work with the blind during break-out sessions. Division meetings for the
Oklahoma Association of Blind Students, the Oklahoma Association of Blind
Merchants, the Oklahoma Association of Rehabilitation Professionals and
Parents of Blind Children will meet Saturday at lunch. Sunday will be our
Business meeting along with elections for the offices that are scheduled for
election this year.

If you have an open case with the Division of Services for the Blind and
Visually Impaired (DRS) contact your counselor to make arrangements to
attend. Also, send an e-mail to your counselor letting them know that you
have left them a message regarding your desire to attend the convention. If
you do not hear back from your counselor or have not heard back from already
having contacted them please let me know.

The last day to book your hotel is Thursday, March 14. That is this
Thursday. ! Please do not delay!  The link below will take you to our state
convention page on the NFBOK website. You will find information on how to
register for convention indicating whether you are paying online or are
registering and paying at the door. You will also find information for the
hotel and how to book your room.

http://nfbok.org/state-convention/

If you have questions about how to register please contact Glenda Farnum at
405-255-6482.

ON behalf of the Board of Directors of the NFB of Oklahoma, we all hope to
that you can attend and find out more about us and afford us an opportunity
to get to know you!

Have a great day!

Jeannie

Jeannie M. Massay, President