[NFBOK-Talk] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] 60 seconds could win you up to $200 as part of the Convention Memory Minute Contest
atfarnum at gmail.com
atfarnum at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 00:16:31 UTC 2020
Please read the announcement below and take the time to participate. It would be great to see some OklahomaFederationists represented in this contest.
Audrey T. Farnum, J.D.
First Vice President
National Federation of the Blind of Oklahoma
info at nfbok.org <mailto:info at nfbok.org>
Live the life you want.
For many, our very first convention becomes a life-changing experience. During the May 2020 Presidential Release, President Mark Riccobono shared memories from his first convention: dodging the persistent Buna Dahal who wanted him to buy a candy bar, exploring Disneyland with other students from the Louisiana Center for the Blind, and putting together all the pieces of Federation philosophy at the end of the convention.
As a means of encouraging others to register for this year’s convention, we ask that you share a video or audio message about a special memory of your first convention in less than sixty seconds. By tagging your social media post with #NFB20 or submitting the entry directly to us by email or phone, you will be entered to win a cash prize and have your story shared at this year’s convention.
A Word about Creativity
We encourage you to be creative with the video, but don’t over-think it, either. Did convention inspire you to go kayaking? Film the video near (or on) a lake! Did convention inspire you to walk with a cane? Shoot your video while walking in your neighborhood! That said, do you feel most comfortable filming the video from your couch? Then do it! Let the setting be uniquely you, but know that we strongly value creativity.
We are seeking entries that are heartwarming, funny, and creative. All entries must:
* be less than one minute!
* be received by July 1, 2020
* include the words “National Federation of the Blind” in full
* include your name in spoken form
* nominate three other people by name to participate
* have the submitter’s name preregistered for convention
How to Submit
Contest submissions can be made in several ways: social media, e-mail, or by phone.
On Social Media
Post your video using #NFB20 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or TikTok. In the same post, tag three others to participate, too.
The easiest way to record a video is from your smartphone’s camera. Switch the camera to be front facing, hold the camera about an arm’s length away from your face, and hit record. Then, open your social media network of choice.
* On Facebook, tap the “Create Post” button, then “Photo/Video.” You'll then see a listing of all your recent photos and videos. Add a brief bit of text, include #nfb20, and tag your friends. Finally, check the “View Privacy” button to be sure that the post is set to “Public.” (We won’t see your post if that setting only shows it to your friends!)
* On Twitter, you can attach your video using the “add photos or video” button that can be found on twitter.com <http://twitter.com> just after the “Tweet“ text edit field. iPhone and Android Twitter users will have a similar option after selecting the “new tweet” button. In addition to your video and brief bit of text, be sure to include #nfb20, and mention your friends’ Twitter handles preceded by the @ sign. Remember that your Twitter privacy settings need to be set such that your tweets are public.
If you don’t have social media, record a video, voice memo, or audio file with your phone or computer, and e-mail the file to NFB20 at nfb.org <mailto:NFB20 at nfb.org> .
We’ve made participating as easy as leaving as a voicemail! Simply call the National Center at 410-659-9314, dial extension 2020, and leave a one-minute voicemail of your experience. Still be sure to nominate three friends as part of your message, then call them to share the news after you hang up.
Note: Submissions by phone or email may be used on National Federation of the Blind social media.
Prizes and Award Announcement
The Kenneth Jernigan Convention Scholarship Fund Committee will review submissions and award the top three winners based on creativity and impact of their story. Submissions will be played during convention, and winners will be announced at the banquet.
* First Place Winner: $200
* Second Place Winner: $150
* Third Place Winner: $100
Be sure to register for national convention to get the latest updates and agenda. You can register and learn more at www.nfb.org/convention <http://www.nfb.org/convention> .
Please contact Tracy Soforenko, Chairman of the Kenneth Jernigan Fund Committee, with any questions by e-mailing nfb20 at nfb.org <mailto:nfb20 at nfb.org> .
The Kenneth Jernigan Fund Committee
Virus-free. <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> www.avg.com
NFBNet-Members-List mailing list
NFBNet-Members-List at nfbnet.org <mailto:NFBNet-Members-List at nfbnet.org>
List archives: <http://www.nfbnet.org/pipermail/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org>
To unsubscribe from NFBNet-Members-List:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NFBOK-Talk