[NFBOK-Talk] NFBOK Update

atfarnum at gmail.com atfarnum at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 03:59:38 UTC 2022

Greetings all,

It has been about a month since I took over as Acting President following
the passing of our president, Jeannie Massay. I wanted to give everyone an
update about where we are and what the plan is for the future of NFB
Oklahoma. One of my goals as President is to improve communication with our
chapters and members about what's going on. Many of you have expressed a
desire for better communication from the board, so I will attempt to work on
that. My plan is to send out periodic email updates on a monthly basis and
possibly more often if the need arises. This is the first update and I hope
you find it useful.

1.	National convention is fast approaching. It runs from July 5 through
10. If you can't make it in person, please note that there is a virtual
option and registration is still open. Visit www.nfb.org/convention/
<http://www.nfb.org/convention/>  for details. If you are attending in
person and haven't yet registered, you will need to register on-site in New
Orleans as pre-registration is closed. If you are attending in person,
please be aware of the Covid19 protocols that are in place. You will need to
provide a negative test result taken within 72 hours of check-in. You will
not be able to register without a negative test. Masking is also required at
all convention meetings and events. You can get all the details on the NFB
convention page linked above.
2.	 We are starting up an at-large group for NFBOK. This group will be
for people living in Oklahoma who want to participate in NFBOK but don't
live near our chapters in OKC and Tulsa. Meetings will be monthly with the
first meeting happening on Monday, June 27, 2022 at 7 PM. All meetings will
be hosted on Zoom. I'll paste the Zoom info for the first meeting at the
bottom of this email. Spread the word! I am hopeful that this at-large group
will help us to grow the affiliate.
3.	The 2022 state convention will be held October 14 and 15. It will
once again be virtual. More information will follow shortly. We are also
working on plans for the 2023 state convention. We will be shifting our
conventions back to our traditional Spring schedule and will be going back
to an in-person meeting. The 2023 convention will be in Oklahoma City in
late March or early April of 2023. I will share more details as they become
available. Please note, there will also be a virtual option of some type so
really I suppose I should call it a hybrid convention. In any case, I
encourage you to plan to come in-person if you are able.
4.	Are you or someone you know a regular NFB Newsline user and want to
help get the word out about the service? I am looking for enthusiastic
people to help with marketing and promotion of NFB Newsline in Oklahoma. I
need people who are willing to make some phone calls or who are good at
social media. I am also looking for people who would be interested in
helping with training sessions to help new or potential users learn about
Newsline. Please reach out if you are interested.
5.	If you are getting this email but know people who don't, please
share this and help your friends sign up for our email list. This list is a
convenient way for me to share information and I plan to use it. Let's get
more people signed up so we can work on keeping everyone more informed about
NFBOK. Anyone can sign up for the list by visiting
https://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfbok-talk_nfbnet.org

That's all for this month. I hope everyone has a great convention if you are
participating and a great 4th of July. Be safe and well. Please reach out if
you have questions. The best way to get a quicker response from me is email.
If you call and leave a voicemail, I will do my best to return your call
within 48 hours. Don't forget to scroll past my signature for the Zoom link
for the at-large group meeting!

Regards,

Audrey T. Farnum

Acting President

National Federation of the Blind ofOklahoma

405-590-6110

president at nfbok.org <mailto:president at nfbok.org>

www.nfbok.org <http://www.nfbok.org>

www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblindok
<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblindok>

Live the life you want.

NFB Oklahoma is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: NFB Oklahoma At Large Group Meeting

Time: Jun 27, 2022 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/7470007233?pwd=NkxPVHNYcCtJZEk3ckh6dW1PNEFxdz09

Meeting ID: 747 000 7233

Passcode: 637086

One tap mobile

+12532158782,,7470007233#,,,,*637086# US (Tacoma)

+13462487799,,7470007233#,,,,*637086# US (Houston)

Dial by your location

        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)