[NFBOK-Talk] Emergency Legislative Action Meeting

Audrey Farnum nfbok at outlook.com
Sat Feb 11 22:22:27 UTC 2023

Greetings all,

It has just come to our attention that there are several bills introduced in the Oklahoma Legislature this session that will negatively impact blind Oklahomans. There is proposed legislation that will further strip down opportunities for blind vendors who operate facilities covered by the Randolph Sheppard Act; a bill to restructure the Department Of Rehabilitation Services that could take away services to blind Oklahomans and a bill to restructure the Office of Disability Concerns. This is a critical time and we must mobilize to protect our rights. We need everyone to get involved. We will be having an emergency meeting On Zoom this Wednesday evening do discuss our strategy for fighting back. Please join if you are able. We will need to be reaching out to our legislators soon and are tentatively planning a trip to the Capitol to discuss our concerns. Share this info with anyone who has an interest. We need as many people as possible. This is a blindness issue, not just a Federation issue. Affiliation doesn't matter right now. This is a time for all blind Oklahomans, their friends, families, colleagues and supporters to band together. We will blast out more information and calls to action as we get more information and get organized so stay tuned.

Here's the Zoom link for Wednesday's meeting:

NFB Oklahoma is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Emergency Legislative Action Planning Meeting
Time: Feb 15, 2023 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/7470007233?pwd=NkxPVHNYcCtJZEk3ckh6dW1PNEFxdz09

Meeting ID: 747 000 7233
Passcode: 637086
One tap mobile
+16694449171,,7470007233#,,,,*637086# US
+16699009128,,7470007233#,,,,*637086# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 747 000 7233
Passcode: 637086

Warmly,

Audrey T. Farnum
First Vice President
National Federation of the Blind Oklahoma
405-590-6110
info at nfbok.org<mailto:info at nfbok.org>
www.nfbok.org<http://www.nfbok.org>
Live the life you want.