[NFBOK-Talk] NFB Conventions List Serve

Leah Campbell scottish_lass at outlook.com
Tue Apr 30 00:03:57 UTC 2024

Hi all,

I received the below email and thought some of you might be interested in the list serve called NFB Conventions.
Below is the email sent out by David Andrews:

With our National Convention in Orlando coming up soon, I wanted to remind everybody of a list here, called NFB-Conventions. This is where the majority of convention-related announcements and inquiries should be placed. Is your Chapter or Affiliate Selling something?  Are you looking for a roommate? Do you have questions about Orlando, the hotel, or convention activities?  This is the place to post announcements or questions.

You can subscribe either by sending e-mail to:  nfb-conventions-subscribe at nfbnet.org<mailto:nfb-conventions-subscribe at nfbnet.org>   and

leave everything blank,  or you can fill out the form at  https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfbnet.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fnfb-conventions_nfbnet.org&data=05%7C02%7C%7Ca5c113591fa74e972dea08dc673eea79%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C638498767125097990%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=Utz4UI%2FRS5Z9DtnFn7RXsK50FuaPpszsOS8yCh4VRl8%3D&reserved=0<http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-conventions_nfbnet.org>

You have five minutes to fill out and submit the form, before it times out.  Once you have joined, messages can be sent to nfb-conventions at nfbnet.org<mailto:nfb-conventions at nfbnet.org>  -- you must join the list to post.  See you at Convention.

David Andrews, Moderator and List Owner

Below is the official description of the list...

This list is sponsored by the National Federation of the Blind, NFB.

The name of this list is NFB-Conventions. The purpose of the list is to support our members, Chapters, Divisions, and Affiliates in all convention-related activities.

The list is here to facilitate the exchange of announcements related to both NFB National Convention and conventions of NFB state affiliates held throughout the year and to answer convention-related questions.

Are you looking for a roommate, or do you have space in a hotel room, then this is the place to let others know.

Announcements concerning streaming, the agenda, related meetings, food, transportation arrangements, and other convention-related matters are all appropriate for this list. The list is moderated -- which means that all posts must be approved before they appear on the list.

Only NFB related fund-raising messages will be allowed on this list on a limited basis (e.g. an affiliate, national division, chapter or local division  may post one announcement regarding its offerings at the exhibit table at the national convention) or other NFB convention

-- no hard sell please. Please include contact information on all message submissions.

The list is moderated by David Andrews. You can reach him at:

david.andrews at nfbnet.org<mailto:david.andrews at nfbnet.org>

You should also contact him concerning technical problems.

NFBNet-Members-List at nfbnet.org<mailto:NFBNet-Members-List at nfbnet.org>

List archives:  <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfbnet.org%2Fpipermail%2Fnfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org&data=05%7C02%7C%7Ca5c113591fa74e972dea08dc673eea79%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C638498767125106830%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=ljaDJQYqPYdlcolRto3nnS1ALFj58bxBxJG5ZCucGcw%3D&reserved=0<http://www.nfbnet.org/pipermail/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org>>

Leah Campbell
Legislative Director & First Vice-President
📱call/text—918-630-9060
National Federation of the Blind Oklahoma<http://nfbok.org/> - The National Federation of the Blind of Oklahoma knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.
www.nfbok.org<http://www.nfbok.org/>
National Federation of the Blind<https://nfb.org/> - Live the life you want.
[National Federation of the Blind. Click to return to Homepage.]
Chapter Advocacy Coordinator of the OKC Chapter of the United Spinal Assn.-United Spinal Association<https://unitedspinal.org/chapter/oklahoma-chapter-of-united-spinal-association/>