[NFBp-Berks] Jan minutes

Linda Mackey snowwhite014 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 00:36:54 UTC 2022

Here are the minutes from our January meeting.
Thank you for reading in advance.

--
*Linda Mackey*
*Home 610-750-6765*

*National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania Greater Berks Chapter
Meeting*

Date: Friday, January 21, 2022                      Location: Zoom
Conference Call

1. Roll Call: 11 members and guests in attendance

Officers:

Rosemary Freedman, President

Linda Mackey, Secretary

Brian Mackey, Treasurer

Board Member:

Judy Vaskorlis

Members:

Mike Babb, Barb Chrisman, John Kaufmann, Mark Millisock, Angel Torres,
Amanda Welsh

Guests:

Joe Drenth, NFB of PA 1st Vice President

2. President Rosemary Freedman called the meeting to order at 10:03 am.

3. Secretary’s Report: Linda Mackey

Linda Mackey read the October 2021 minutes. Brian Mackey motioned to
approve the October 2021 minutes as presented, seconded by John Kaufmann,
and unanimously approved.

4. Treasurer’s Report: Brian Mackey

Brian Mackey provided the following treasury figures:

Beginning Balance as of October 1:
            $4,988.37

Income:

Dues:
            $110.00

Duck Race Proceeds:
                        $286.00

Adjustment:
$10.00

Total
Income:
$406.00

Expenses:

PAC Plan:
                                    $30.00

Visa Gift
Cards:
$549.50

State Convention
Donation:
$100.00

State Convention Hotel
Rooms:                                                         $549.45

State Convention Travel &
Parking:                                                  $160.50

State Convention Veterans Day Celebration Donation:
$50.00

Winter Music Fest
Printing:
$17.12

Holiday Party Restaurant
Bill:                                                           $368.54

Total
Expenses:
$1,825.11

Ending Balance as of December
31:                                                  $3,569.26

Linda Mackey motioned to accept the treasury report as presented, seconded
by Angel Torres, and unanimously approved.

5. Old/New Business: All

a. Elections:

Linda Mackey presented the nominating slate consisting of Rosemary Freedman
for president, John Kaufman for vice president, Linda Mackey for secretary,
Brian Mackey for treasurer, and Judy Vaskorlis for board member. Brian
Mackey stated that if an individual is on the nominating slate, they do not
need to be present at the meeting to be elected, but those who wish to be
nominated from the floor will need to be present at the meeting. The
nomination slate was unanimously approved by the membership. Amanda Welsh
was nominated from the floor for the position of board member, but she
withdrew her nomination when she learned that the current constitution only
allows for one board member. Brian stated that in order to have more than
one board member on the chapter board, it will require an amendment to the
constitution. All who were on the nominating slate were elected by
acclamation.

b. Winter Dance Party:

Rosemary Freedman reminded all that we will be holding our Winter Dance
Party on February 18th, starting at 6:30pm. Tickets purchased online are
$15 per person and $20 per person at the door. We are collecting raffle
baskets at this time for the event. All proceeds collected by the chapter
in sponsorships along with the chapter’s take of the proceeds on the night
of the event will stay with the chapter. Mark Millisock and Barb Chrisman
requested a spending budget for purchasing decorations for the event. Mike
Babb motioned to spend up to $200 for decorations, seconded by John
Kaufman, and unanimously approved. Mark will submit all receipts for
approval.

8. The meeting was adjourned by President Rosemary Freedman at 10:36 AM.
Our next meeting will take place on February 11, 2022 via the affiliate’s
Zoom room (meeting ID 215 988 0888).

Respectfully submitted by Linda Mackey, Secretary

Reviewed by Rosemary Freedman, President

National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania Greater Berks Chapter