[NFBp-Berks] "All The Light We Cannot See" movie, blind character

Brian Mackey bmackey88 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 19:10:30 UTC 2023

The following was posted recently on Facebooks:

<https://www.facebook.com/canseecantsee?__cft__%5b0%5d=AZX-rO1X7BpkFtnQcZvIR
HhDluy1ynnh7fW4MksQcjC9xbYn_n6k3_6Tlg5dm6y5sWFKcYvYKqo9jxuUIv_gz3byxX9vkz9E7
cZDB6NJHTXCzB1TMcYZcEPGomt7cGK-QJBzfTOGiDsR9LTwGvFRPB88C38pDvX804-Xb4Lhb-ldK
fu4VGRs8wY8jXjavv_-R3VznVNzHkMB-Oog20llSHSq&__tn__=-UC%2CP-y-R> "All The
Light We Cannot See,"  movie

Last night was the premiere of "All The Light We Cannot See," a touching
Netflix original set to release this Thursday 2nd Nov. Sharing my excitement
on my stories, I was overwhelmed by the messages of support and appreciation
for Netflix's commitment to inclusivity.
<https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/t7b/1.5/16/2728.png>

Netflix really does shine in its dedication to accessible events, working
closely with various communities to ensure that no one is left behind. This
screening was beautifully audio described, and what's even more awesome is
that the lady behind the audio description is also blind. They also cast
talented blind actors, debunking the trend of able-bodied actors in disabled
roles.

It's about time we celebrate the incredible talent within the disabled
community, and Netflix is leading the way in embracing inclusivity. Huge
thanks to my incredible friends at the RNIB for their hard work and to both
@netflixuk and @rnib for extending this invitation.
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/inclusivitymatters?__eep__=6&__cft__%5b0%5
d=AZX-rO1X7BpkFtnQcZvIRHhDluy1ynnh7fW4MksQcjC9xbYn_n6k3_6Tlg5dm6y5sWFKcYvYKq
o9jxuUIv_gz3byxX9vkz9E7cZDB6NJHTXCzB1TMcYZcEPGomt7cGK-QJBzfTOGiDsR9LTwGvFRPB
88C38pDvX804-Xb4Lhb-ldKfu4VGRs8wY8jXjavv_-R3VznVNzHkMB-Oog20llSHSq&__tn__=*N
K-y-R> #InclusivityMatters
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/netflixinclusivity?__eep__=6&__cft__%5b0%5
d=AZX-rO1X7BpkFtnQcZvIRHhDluy1ynnh7fW4MksQcjC9xbYn_n6k3_6Tlg5dm6y5sWFKcYvYKq
o9jxuUIv_gz3byxX9vkz9E7cZDB6NJHTXCzB1TMcYZcEPGomt7cGK-QJBzfTOGiDsR9LTwGvFRPB
88C38pDvX804-Xb4Lhb-ldKfu4VGRs8wY8jXjavv_-R3VznVNzHkMB-Oog20llSHSq&__tn__=*N
K-y-R> #NetflixInclusivity
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/rnib?__eep__=6&__cft__%5b0%5d=AZX-rO1X7Bpk
FtnQcZvIRHhDluy1ynnh7fW4MksQcjC9xbYn_n6k3_6Tlg5dm6y5sWFKcYvYKqo9jxuUIv_gz3by
xX9vkz9E7cZDB6NJHTXCzB1TMcYZcEPGomt7cGK-QJBzfTOGiDsR9LTwGvFRPB88C38pDvX804-X
b4Lhb-ldKfu4VGRs8wY8jXjavv_-R3VznVNzHkMB-Oog20llSHSq&__tn__=*NK-y-R> #RNIB

Photo Description: Claire stands on the vibrant red carpet against a
backdrop of deep black, adorned with the words "ALL THE LIGHT WE CANNOT SEE"
on the left and a Braille version on the right. She wears striking bright
red wide-legged trousers paired with shiny black boots. Her attire includes
a black wrap blouse adorned with feathers on the cuffs. She confidently
poses, holding her white cane, "Rick the Stick."