[NFBp-Berks] Starting a Nonprofit for Blind Parents

Stacie Leap stacie.leap at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 15:26:10 UTC 2024

Hello all:

I am planning to start a nonprofit for blind parents. I have always wanted
to start this nonprofit since my daughter was born 7 years ago but I was
always discouraged for one reason or another. This time, I really want to
make my dream into a reality.

When I went blind in 2016, I was also two months pregnant. I struggled a
lot for resources, support, and guidance when it comes to being a blind
parent.

I sought out a lot of resources and although those resources helped me, it
did not cater to blind parenting. I want to provide that catered support
and resources to other blind parents, so they know they are not alone and
have other people in their corner.

I really hope you can support me in making this nonprofit into a reality.

I am planning a Karaoke Party fundraiser to help raise funds so I can pay
for any logistical or paperwork fees associated in making this nonprofit
happen. I would greatly appreciate it if you can purchase tickets and
attend. However, if you cannot attend but would still like to support this
cause, all monetary donations are accepted and welcomed!

My fundraising goal is $1000.