[NFBP-BlindParents] THIS WEEK: Parents, Self-Care, and Wellness - Saturday, 03.19.2022 at 7pm EST - ALL ARE WELCOME!

Stacie Leap stacie.leap at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 15:01:52 UTC 2022

*National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania*

*Blind Parents Group*

*March 2022 Meeting*

*Topic:*  Parents, Self-Care, and Wellness

*Facilitator:* Valerie Anderson from Triple P Program

*Date:* Saturday, March 19, 2022

*Time:* 7pm to 8:30pm EST

*Where:* Virtually through Zoom (Information provided below)

This is the last part of our 6-part workshop series on the Powers of
Positive Parenting. Come to this last meeting to learn more about self-care
and the dimensions of wellness. Whether you provide self-care very well or
need some ideas, this meeting is for you! Come and share your ideas! Learn
from others and gain a network of supporters within the blind parents
group!

You did not have to attend previous meetings in order to attend this one.
You do not need to live in Pennsylvania to attend as parenting does not
have state boundaries so we do not think our meetings should either! 😊

We just ask that you come with an open heart and some listening ears!

This is an interactive meeting with a certified trainer in the Triple P
(Powers of Positive Parenting) program.

*For more information*, please contact Stacie Leap, Chair of the NFB of
PA’s Blind Parents Group at stacie.leap at gmail.com or 215-776-6741.

*About the Speaker:*

Valerie Anderson is a certified facilitator for the Power of Positive
Parenting (Triple P Program). She has a Master Degree in Social Work and
works part time as a parenting group facilitator at Turning Points for
Children’s Project F.A.M. Parenting Program for the past 7 years. Her group
facilitation skills include working with a variety of parents (i.e., women
in recovery, teen parents, early childhood parents…) in a variety of
settings throughout the city of Philadelphia.

*Overview of Triple P Program:*

The Triple P Program is an evidence- based program focused on parenting
children from the age 2-12 years old. It provides parents with positive
parenting techniques and strategies to teach children the skills to be
independent, manage their feelings, solve problems, and communicate to get
along with others. It has a cognitive behavior approach to parenting to
help children as well as parents make goals for change. Parents will be
able to develop their own personalized plans for positive parenting
strategies.

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/92797371396

Meeting ID: 927 9737 1396