[NFBP-Jigsaw] April 6, 2024 jigsaw chapter meeting minutes

Preston Gaylor prestongaylor21 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 15:24:26 UTC 2024

Hello everyone:
I hope this message finds you well!
here are today's meeting minutes for our at large chapter.
If you have anything to add or correct, you are more than welcome to reply.
Enjoy and we'll update soon!
NFB of pa jigsaw chapter meeting
Saturday april 6, 2024
Meeting began at 10:10 AM
Participants: Preston Gaylor
David Miller, Frank beam, Christine Callahan, Lynn Heitz, Brian Mackey,
Chis Westbrook, Rob Farabaugh
Round Table:
David did remind us that keystone blind association   is looking for
general mail clerk 1's, with a $1500 sign on bonus.
He has been working with the local cable company for advocating for
discriptive audio and video on local  outlets.
Chris has been exploring some work in the technology fields,and his church
activities are going  quite wll.
Preston has been doing well, he has received a second round interview with
bender consultting services for a remote intake corradinator role for
Monday.
Library and lions club activities have been keeping him busy.
Also had an enjoyable time at the leadership seminar.
Christine has nothing new to report.
Rob's dad will be taking a trip to the masters, and will be visiting the
area there for a few days.
Brian is keeping busy with work, and he is rebuilding the greater berkes
chapter.
Frank has nothing new to report, and both him and rob had a productive
easter with friends and family.
Lynn informed us that this years' leadership seminar was a huge success.
we have 5 committies, finanace, fundraising, membership, technology, and
fundraising.
she also did remind us that this years national connvention will be in
orlando this july 3-8, at the rosen center hotel, with room rates at $129 a
night.
State connvention will be in Erie November 7-10.
The charter bus has been reserved, they will be picking up people in
harrisburg, Philly, Allentown, and state college.
If you're interested, send a non refundable $25.00 check deposit to the NFB
of PA, to lynn, and put on the memo line, charter bus.
check deposits should be sent to lynn heitz no later than may 1st.
you can find more info on the hotels and room rates soon on the NFB of PA
webpage.

For our friday night activities, we will be having a taco truck, with a
bingo and auctioning off purses and more.
There will be also some basket themes set up, in the comming weeks, a note
will be sent out to get those prepared, and donations from prespective
persons  or businesses for the auction.
old business:
If you bought an NFB raffal ticket or sold one you will be contacted if you
won.

This month's presidential release was played.

Next meeting will be on Saturday May 4th, at 10:00 over zoom.
Meeting adjourned at 11:17 AM
Sincerely yours,
Preston Gaylor, Jigsaw chapter secretarry