[Nfbsatx] Transportation to May Meeting

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 8 00:31:32 UTC 2009

Good evening everyone,

    Tomatillos is a great location for our monthly meetings. In addition to
Viatrans, taxis, and driving several bus lines serve this portion of
Broadway making it easy to reach Tomatillos via fixed-route bus service.

The restaurant is located on the east side of Broadway across from
Brackenridge Park and the Whitty Museum. The closest intersection is
Mulberry. Busses 9, (Broadway-410-Macarthur Terrace)
10,(Broadway-Nacogdoches-Naco Pass)  and 14, (Broadway- Perren
Bytal-Naco-Pass)  operate along this stretch of Broadway.

    You can catch either of these three busses from downtown.  If coming
north from downtown get off at Broadway and Mulberry. Cross Mulberry and
proceed north on Broadway until you come to the restaurant. Those coming
south on Broadway on all of these routes will need to cross Broadway at
Mulberry and turn north to the restaurant. This stretch of Broadway is very
wide with a median strip running down the middle. Traffic tends to be very
heavy during the day. Use care and caution when crossing Broadway, but don't
shy away from the challenge. Mary and I have crossed Broadway at various
places in this   area without any trouble. ?For further information about
bus schedules and fares and Viatrans reservations visit the Via Web Site at:
http://www.viainfo.net

    You can also obtain bus information and make Viatrans reservations by
using the phone numbers listed below:
Via Metropolitan Transit Authority:
Phone: (210) 362-2020
Viatrans Reservations: (210) 362-5050

    Driving:
If you're driving to the meeting you can obtain a route map by visiting:
http://www.mapquest.com

    Taxi Service:
You have a number of options if you plan to come by taxi. Here are a few we
recommend:
Town Car: (210) 826-8294
Web Site: http://www.towncar.com
Yellow Cab San Antonio: Phone: (210) 826-8294
http://www.yellowcabsa.com
Taxi Express:
Phone: (210) 222-2222
Web Site: http://www.taxiexpress.com

   "Given a chance to dream it can be done.
The promise of tomorrow is real.
Children of Spaceship Earth the future belongs to us all."
Flying for Me,
John Denver