[Nfbsatx] Fwd: [TPOBC] Support the 2011 NFB Youth Slam in the Pepsi Refresh Project!

Jose Martinez jose.martinez07 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 18:20:41 UTC 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Laura Weber <weberfam07 at comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 11:30:45 -0500
Subject: [TPOBC] Support the 2011 NFB Youth Slam in the Pepsi Refresh Project!
To: tpobc at googlegroups.com

From: Freeh, Jessica
Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2010 11:39 AM
To: NCB Staff

Attention Federationists, we need your votes!

Text the number 101913 to Pepsi (73774) each day in August to vote for the
2011 NFB Youth Slam!

Throughout the month of August, the 2011 NFB Youth Slam will compete against
other groups and projects for a grant award of $250,000 from the Pepsi
Refresh project, and we need you to vote! The voting process is very
competitive, and groups from across the country are mobilizing their members
and supporters to get out and vote. We need you to do the same. Anyone can
vote so encourage your family, friends, relatives, and co-workers to vote
every day in August. Post it to your Facebook page, Tweet it, just get the
word out!

The 2011 NFB Youth Slam will be a five-day, interactive science, technology,
engineering, and math (STEM) academy designed to empower blind high school
students to explore STEM subjects. Additionally, this event introduces blind
students to countless successful blind role models, and to the NFB's
positive philosophy about blindness. Your votes will help give blind
students the confidence and the opportunity to be successful!

If you do not have texting capabilities, visit
www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam where you can vote for the NFB 2011
Youth Slam, once per day, throughout the month of August. Please bookmark
that page and be patient with the Web site, as it is slow at times. To allow
for complete functionality on the project site, users' pop-up blockers may
need to be temporarily disabled. After clicking the link above and arriving
at the project page, click the link that says "Vote for this idea." Once
clicked, a new window appears giving options to either "Login with Facebook"
or "Sign in directly with Pepsi." Whichever option you choose, you can skip
to that part of these instructions.

Login with Facebook

Users are advised that if they do have a Facebook account, this option is
much preferred as it eliminates additional security steps required by
signing in directly with Pepsi. After clicking the link to login with
Facebook, a new window appears asking for your e-mail and password for
Facebook. After inputting this information, click Login. The next window
will ask your permission for Pepsi to access your basic information that you
have made available to everyone on Facebook. Click "Allow." If you are not
comfortable with this, you will need to close out and go through the
directions below to sign in directly with Pepsi instead. If you click
"Allow" you will need to return to the NFB Youth Slam project page and click
the vote button. In the future you will simply need to click the vote
button, sign in with Facebook, and once signed in, vote for the project.

While you will have 9 votes remaining for the day, you can only use one vote
per day for our project. As much as you may like other projects in the 250k
category, please do not give them votes as we are competing for the same
prize as one of the top two vote-getters in this category.

Signing in with Pepsi

If you do not have a Facebook account and opt instead for the "Sign in
directly with Pepsi" option, you will enter your e-mail address and then
select the option "No, I'm new here!" under "Do you have a Pepsi password?"
upon your first visit to the site. You must then input a visual or audio
code, depending upon your preference or need. If either the recording or
text is unclear, please use the "Refresh Image" or "Refresh Audio" option
and try again.

What follows is a brief sign up with Pepsi, with fields such as First Name,
Last Name, Password, Re-type Password, Birth Date, and another security code
to input. After you have completed these fields, select "Done." After you
have signed up, you should be back at the NFB Youth Slam project page. Click
the vote button once more to actually log your vote. When successful, the
"Vote for this idea" link should disappear and be replaced with a
congratulatory statement in plain text. In the future when you come to the
site you will need to use the "Sign in directly with Pepsi" option and
simply input your e-mail address, password, and complete the visual or audio
code. After you click "Sign in" you will return to the project page and
click the "Vote for this idea" link. As before, it should disappear and be
replaced with a congratulatory statement in plain text.

Again, while you will have 9 votes remaining for the day, you can only use
one vote per day for our project. As much as you may like other projects in
the 250k category, please do not give them votes as we are competing for the
same prize as one of the top two vote-getters in this category.

A few minutes of your time can make a huge difference in the lives of blind
students, please vote today! If you have questions about the voting process
or if you have accessibility issues, contact Pepsi at
PepsiRefresh at young-america.com.