[Nfbsatx] August Chapter Report

Jose Martinez jose.martinez07 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 02:39:57 UTC 2010

Welcome to your August report:

In the last couple of months the chapter has been very involved and
working really hard on fundraising and helping with creating awareness
for the Race for Independence. We had a very successful couple events
which allowed us to do just that.

We also reached another mile stone for the chapter as a record
breaking 10 members of the San Antonio Chapter attended this year’s
national convention in Dallas. A convention that was full of great
events and very important information. If you were not able to attend
the convention, or if you just want to relive the highlights you can
do it at:

http://www.nfb.org/nfb/National_Convention_Highlights.asp

Remember, the information for the state convention is now out and it
is as follows:

this year's convention will be held in Abilene from October 22 to the
24 at the Hilton Garden Inn.

The rates are 75 dollars for singles and doubles. To book a room you
can now go to:

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/groups/personalized/ABIABGI-NFB-20101022/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

Keep checking our website as more information will follow.

We must now start looking ahead to our next meeting which will be
Saturday August 21. I look forward in seeing all of you all out there
as we start preparing for all of our coming events. Agenda and more
information to follow.

Best

Jose A. Z. Martinez

President