[Nfbsatx] Fwd: [nfb-texas members] Volunteers at Convention

Jose Martinez jose.martinez07 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 03:28:41 UTC 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Angela S. Wolf" <angelawolf at austin.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 22:06:16 -0500
Subject: [nfb-texas members] Volunteers at Convention
To: members at nfb-texas.org

Dear Fellow Texans:
 It is that time of year again.  We are preparing for another great
convention, and we are excited that you will be a part of making
convention run smoothly .  I am serving as the Chairperson of the
Ambassadors Committee again, and need your help! Our committee will
function much like last
year, where we will ensure that convention attendees feel welcome, are
able to move efficiently to meetings and general sessions, and overall
have a positive convention experience.

One of our primary tasks at convention is marshalling.  This hotel, as
many of you know, is  very large and this year will have a lot of
construction, so marshalling will play an important role in making
convention as successful as possible.  I am asking for individuals who
are interested in volunteering for marshalling shifts to respond to
this e-mail with days/times you will be able to serve.  Here is a
general overview of this year's convention schedule.  Keep in mind
that typically we need more help at peak times, which I have indicated
with a *.

Saturday, July 3 Seminar Day
Sunday, July 4  Registration and Packet Pick-up Day* (especially
during registration morning)
Monday, July 5 Board Meeting and Division Day * (especially before and
after the board meeting)
Tuesday, July 6 Opening Session * (especially before sessions and
after sessions)
Wednesday, July 7 Business Session * (before and after each session)
Thursday, July 8 Banquet Day and Adjournment * (especially before and
after each session and before/after banquet)

I will provide you with a schedule of your assignments before
convention, so you can be sure to plan for your commitments.

Sincerely,
Angela Wolf, Chair
NFB Convention Ambassadors Committee
(512) 417-8190