[Nfbsatx] NFB SA November Update!

Jose Martinez jose.martinez07 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 01:13:00 UTC 2010

Welcome to your November update!

A lot of news to report on for this month, We had a great meet to
blind month! Thank you to all those individuals who made it possible.

We want to especially thank Premier Rentals and Al’s Formal Wear for
giving us the opportunity to join with them and spread awareness about
blindness. We reached a lot of people and we could have not been able
to do it with out their support.

We also hosted a WII game console raffle to reach out to the local
community and we are happy to announce that the raffle was very
successful. The WII was raffled off on Sunday October 24 in Abilene
Texas. We would like to also congratulate the winner Jesse Torres! He
purchased the winning ticket on our first event at Premier Rentals!

In more news, Your board member and I attended this years NFB of Texas
state convention. It was very interesting and a lot of fun! We were
happy to see that the local chapters around the state are very active,
but we were very excited to see that we are still and will continue to
be one of the most active chapters of Texas! And that is all thanks to
you and all of your hard work. We must continue to work hard and make
sure the philosophy of the NFB continues to be lived and respected!

If you are interested in watching some convention videos and reliving
a little of what was this year’s state convention, Juan Del Rosario
has some videos posted on the NFB of Texas Website. To watch them
please go to:

http://www.nfb-tx.org/NFBT_2010_State_Convention.html

We are going to be off for a couple of weeks, but I hope you are
already planning on attending our final meeting of the year on
November 20! I hope you all have a great rest of the week, and we will
see you soon!

A.	Z.
President