[Nfbsatx] September Chapter Update

Jose Martinez jose.martinez07 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 01:16:22 UTC 2010

Hello Chapter Members,

Welcome to your September Update! In our past meeting we agreed to
have our Meet the Blind Month Event at Ingram Park Mall in October,
and we are working with the Marketing department and we should have a
date set up soon with them. Please continue to check your E-mail for
updates and for important information.

We are also working on putting together a couple of gift baskets that
we can raffle off during the event, one for a man and one for a woman.
We are looking for donations for these particular baskets and we would
like to see if any one of you would like to donate a gift item. If you
do, please have them to us by our next chapter meeting which is
Saturday September 18.

At our previous chapter meeting we also decided on providing
transportation to the state convention. Sense then we have been hard
at work and we have come up with 2 options. There is still the option
of using a van. But the other option is that the Austin chapter has
rented a charter bus and they have approached us to see if we would
want to ride with them. The board has decided to consider using the
Austin chapter bus, but we would now like to hear from you our
members. The bus would be ten dollars cheaper and remember we would be
working with another chapter of ours which would be a very important
thing to help out one of our own, and using the charter bus would
allow us to be able to recruit more people and have them attend the
state convention, and of course expose more people to the NFB. And we
would not have to worry about finding a driver. The price of a round
trip ticket for the charter bus would be 75 dollars, still
tremendously lower then a ticket with greyhound or even if you were to
be flying up to Abilene. If you are one of the interested individuals
in attending the state convention let us know how you feel and which
one would be better for you ASAP.

And talking about the state convention, if you have not made your
reservations yet, go ahead and do that as soon as possible. The
information is as follows:

Date: October 22 through the 24

The Hotel is located at 4449 Ridgemont Drive, Abilene, 79606.

For reservations call:
(325) 690-6432

I look forward in seeing all of you at our next chapter meeting which
is Saturday September 18. Have a great Labor Day Weekend Everyone.

Jose A. Z. Martinez
President