[Nfbsatx] Fwd: [nfb-texas members] Legislative Initiatives Committee, Forming Now!

Jose Martinez jose.martinez07 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 02:32:45 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kimberly Aguillard Flores <kags312 at hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 22:53:49 -0600
Subject: [nfb-texas members] Legislative Initiatives Committee, Forming Now!
To: members at nfb-texas.org

Federationists:

As you have no doubt heard, there are several pressing issues which
have the potential to influence blind people in many ways being
considered this legislative session. I need those of you who are
particularly interested in taking an active role in researching these
initiatives, tracking bills, writing position papers, and possibly
organizing and providing public testimony to email me by February 15.
I am forming a Legislative Initiatives Committee, and the time for
action is now!!

Whether you have a lot of experience or none at all, please consider
dedicating some time and energy to this very important effort.
Students and parents are especially encouraged to lend your voice as
one of the proposals would eliminate the college tuition waiver for
blind students.

Please do not reply to all, but email me privately at the email address below:
kags312 at hotmail.com

Thanks very much and hope to hear from many of you soon.

Best,
Kimberly