[Nfbsatx] Fwd: [nfb-texas members] [Community-service] Community Service group flyer

Jose Martinez jose.martinez07 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 15:33:16 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kimberly Aguillard <kags312 at hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 15:44:11 -0500
Subject: [nfb-texas members] [Community-service] Community Service group flyer
To: members at nfb-texas.org

Dear Texans,

Please see an announcement below about an exciting new group forming
in the NFB. I really believe in the value and scope of this dialogue,
and I encourage you to check out the resources below to learn more and
possibly get involved to help to grow this new group.

 Please pass this along to all who you feel might find this of interest!

How do you feel about community service? Do you volunteer your time
 once in a while in the community or with your local church and want to
 find other blind individuals to connect with? Do you find community
 service interesting, but are not sure that you as a blind person can
 get involved or don’t know how to begin?

 Here's you're oppertunity!

 We are a small group of people interested in doing community service.
 We enjoy giving back , and we believe that it is important for blind
 people to get involved in the community.

 So if you enjoy community service, or if you are interested in
 possibly doing some community service work in the future, please join
 us! We are always welcoming new members.

 We hold monthly conference calls, during which we present a topic for
 discussion or guest
 speaker to talk about his/her community service experiences. We also
 have a blog, where we post summaries of our conference calls and
 welcome personal stories about the service work people like you do
 And, if that’s not enough, we even have a list serve that enables us
 to connect, share stories, ask questions, and post
 Articles/announcements about topics of interest related to community
 service.

 Our blog is located at:
 http://nfbcommunityservice.wordpress.com/

 Or, join our list serve by going to:

 Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, new ideas,
 or wish to get involved.

 Contact email:
 nfbcsoutreach at gmail.com