[NFBSATX] Blood drive June 24th and ice cream social

Jenny j_salinas241 at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 23:05:31 UTC 2017

Hi all, welcome to our first community service project. Our chapter will be donating blood at South Texas Blood bank on June 24th between 1 pm to 3 pm.
On this email please reply that you will give blood on this day with our group or if you know someone who would like to go with you to donate. I do need to get back with the coordinator to give a head count and names. At this location we will also have a short monthly meeting and ice cream social after you give blood.

Here is the information.
Donor Pavilion
6211 Ih 10 West.
June 24, 2017.
Time is 1 pm to 3 PM.
Eric Crawford blood drive coordinator. Phone number is 2107315590.

It will take about 45 minutes from start to finish which includes screening, registration and donation.
The coordinator's name is Eric Crawford. He told me that in the summer time they are very low on donations so he was excited that we are coming. This faculty is large and he has offered a conference room just for our group for our meeting and ice cream social. He also gave his phone number if you would like to call to get screened over the phone. He says there is a lot of misconceptions as to who can give blood. From talking to him he said most people can give blood but if you are on blood thinners or on dialysis or in my case had a recent cornea transplant you cannot give blood. But if you are on high blood pressure meds or if your diabetes is well controlled you definitely can give blood. But again if you want to have screening over phone you can call ahead of time. Of course they do have screening first there at faculty. They have 7 beds there so several will give blood at the same time then afterward enjoy and ice cream with the rest of the chapter. This will also be an nfb newsline event.
So far, from talking directly to people this is who I have confirmed.

Elsa Garza
Bryan Baldwin
Michael Guajardo
Jose Martinez

Possible folks are
Norma Gaytan
Roman Ramirez( if screening goes through)

Please let me know if you can. I need to get back to Eric by next week. He will have this time blocked just for our group.

No meeting June 10th.
Another reminder email will be sent closer to the date.

Thank you
Jenny

Sent from my iPhone