[NFBSATX] TABS Washington Seminar Scholarship

Harry Staley hstaley at nfbtx.org
Wed Nov 22 20:27:38 UTC 2017

Good day fellow Federationists;

Are you a blind student in Texas?
Do you want to be an agent of change for blind and disabled Americans?
Do you want to inform our national legislators about issues that directly affect the lives and capabilities of blind people?

If the answer is yes, the Texas Association of Blind Students Washington seminar scholarship is the opportunity for you. The National Federation of the Blind Washington Seminar will take place from January  29 to February 1 in Washington D.C. The scholarship winner will be awarded $500 to use toward seminar expenses.

To apply, please write an essay, 500 words or fewer, discussing three key issues directly affecting blind people that Congress can change. Please send your essay to myself at hstaley at nfbtx.org <mailto:hstaley at nfbtx.org> or Johnathan Franks at jfranks at nfbtx.org <mailto:jfranks at nfbtx.org>.

Preference will be given to students who have never attended Washington Seminar.
All submissions  must be sent in by December 1 at 11:59 P.M.
No late submissions will be accepted.
Winners will be contacted by email.

Together with love, hope and determination, we are transforming the dreams of blind students into reality!

Harry Staley
President

Texas Association of Blind Students

National Federation of the Blind