[NFBSATX] Audio Capcha Study

wendy Walker wenincal at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 19:40:06 UTC 2020

Audio Captcha Study

I thought some of you might be interested in a study I recently
participated in. It had to do with various audio alternatives to the
traditional captchas for the visually impaired. I am providing a link
to the research paper which won an award at the conference it was
presented at. I was one of only 33 people in the world that completed
all three sessions and only 67 people in total participated in the
world. These studies give us the opportunity to have our voices heard
in the development of technology that affects our daily lives and we
should all try to participate in them if possible.

The link to the paper is:
https://www.usenix.org/system/files/soups2020-fanelle_0.pdf

You can also find this paper by doing a Google search for "Georgia
Tech Audio Captcha Study Paper"

Take care and stay safe.

Wendy Walker
Vice-President