[NFBSATX] Instructions for Registering your new Via Go Card online

wendy Walker wenincal at gmail.com
Tue May 19 20:54:07 UTC 2020

The following is detailed instructions on Registering/Managing your
new Via Go Card (also called a Tap Card) online.
I used Windows 10, JAWS 2019, and the browsers Firefox, Microsoft
Edge, and Google Chrome for this.

 It is important to follow the instructions in order:
1. Get your 16 digit number on your Viatrans Go Card (your name is on
the front of the card and your 16 digit number is on the back of the
card) The card number  is located below the Via phone number and
begins with many zeroes.
2. If you don't know your 4 digit security pin number call
210-362-2020 and select option 3. The agent will ask for your 16 digit
number before they give you your pin.
3 Go to the website viainfo.net/gocard
4. Click the link "Register and Manage your Go Card
5. Click the link "Create Account"
6. Fill out the required fields. When you get to capcha field, there
is an unlabeled button on the line above it. Click this button and it
will display the capcha in text the screen reader can read. You must
go character by character to see which letters are capitalized and
which are lower case then enter them in the capcha field. Finally,
click the "Create Account" button.
7. On the Home screen of viainfo.net/gocard click on the link that
says "Link a Go Card To My Account"
8. On the "Add" screen enter a nick name for your card, the 16 digit
number, and the 4 digit security pin then click the "Add" button.
9. You are now ready to load money onto your Via Go Card online!

There are two important things to know when loading money:
1. You are only loading a dollar amount and NOT buying tickets.
2. If money is loaded on the website, it will not show up on your card
for 24 hours. If you load money on it at a Via transit center,
however, it will show up immediately.

I will notify Via of the unlabeled button issue on the Create Account
screen but I hope this clears up some issues for you. Take care.

Wendy Walker
Vice-President
San Antonio Chapter