[NFBSATX] Computers for the Blind as an IT/CS/Networking Learning Tool

Harry Staley hstaley at nfbtx.org
Sat Sep 19 00:00:32 UTC 2020

Good evening;

Here is a charity that I just found out about. If any of you need a computer to do some work on or do not have one or to try things out on say for a home lab or something you might give them a call and see if you might be able to get one of their computers. This would be awesome if you were say a student in a networking course who needed a spare computer that you could put Linux on to practice or have a spare computer to use as a test bench to program on or something. Otherwise Raspberry Pi single board computers work great. Also they come with a home license of Jaws or Zoom-text. They appear to be well specced for most users needs. If any of you have experience with them please let me know how things went because I have several chapter members who are in networking and computer science programs right now that could probably use a spare computer that they could re-image if things went wrong without risking their primary system.

https://www.computersfortheblind.org <https://www.computersfortheblind.org/>

Harry Staley
President

Texas Association of Blind Students