[NFBSATX] Fwd: [NFBT] Reminder Regarding 2021 NFBTX Scholarships

Wendy Walker wenintex at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 18:14:15 UTC 2021

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Norma Crosby <ncrosby at nfbtx.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 10:50:36 -0500
Subject: [NFBT] Reminder Regarding 2021 NFBTX Scholarships
To: "<member at nfbtx.org>" <member at nfbtx.org>, "Cazares, Gabe"
<gabe.cazares at houstontx.gov>

Hello Everyone,

I am writing to remind you that August 15 is the deadline for applications
for the 2021 National Federation of the Blind of Texas Scholarship Program.
Any legally blind Texas resident who is attending a college or university
in the fall of 2021, on a full-time basis, is eligible to apply. Please,
share this information with your network of blind students. The program
requires the following information:

1. a completed application, available at https://nfbtx.org/scholarships.php.
2. proof of legal blindness (doctor's statement, or TWC letter for school).
3. one letter of recommendation.
4. an essay no longer than 700 words.
5. If an incoming freshman, proof of acceptance to college.
6. Most recent transcript. Electronic copies will be accepted at
scholarships at nfbtx.org.

Please note that the application form includes a space for the required
essay. We recommend developing your essay in a separate application and
pasting the contents into the application for ease of use. Of course, this
is not a requirement.

Students with questions may call our office at 281-968-7733 during the
hours of 9 AM to 5 PM, weekdays. Or, they may send questions to our
committee at scholarships at nfbtx.org. The deadline for applications is
August 15.

While we prefer electronic submissions, we will accept printed documents as
well. If students need to send any documents via the mail, they should use
the address below.

National Federation of the Blind of Texas
Scholarship Committee
1600 E Highway 6, Suite 215
Alvin TX  77511

Thanks for helping to spread the word to our blind students in Texas.

Norma Crosby, President
National Federation of the Blind of Texas
1600 E Highway 6, Suite 215
Alvin, TX  77511
(281) 968-7733 (Main Office)
(832) 558-4940 (Fax)
ncrosby at nfbtx.org

"Live the life you want."

[image: NFBTX] <https://www.nfbtx.org>[image: @NFBTX]
<http://twitter.com/@nfbtx>[image: Facebook]
<http://facebook.com/BlindofTexas>

--
National Federation of the Blind of Texas
"Live the life you want."
---