[NFBSATX] notes about the Texas NFB convention last weekend

Wendy Walker wenintex at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 21:45:12 UTC 2021

Just a note for those of you who did not make it to the Texas state
NFB convention this past weekend:

On a fun note, five San Antonio members were called for door prizes
the last day with Amelia and Jenny in attendance for the session they
both won big!

On a more serious note, each chapter had to make a short report to the
convention and I thought you all might like to know what I said
concerning the chapter which is as follows (to the best of my
recollection):

We had a lot of virtual speakers this year and  also had our first in
person meeting in a year and a half last month as a blood drive in
honor of the late Roman Ramirez. We also have planned a team building
exercise for twenty of our members this Spring at the newly opened
Morgans Wonderland Camp.
I am fortunate to have a great board consisting of Margaret Howell
(who learned JAWS just to help one of her students), Amelia
Pellicciotti (who secured the NFB Newsline grant for us), Bryan
Baldwin (who is so caring and helps every single person he meets), and
Frank Carrillo (who got a local weatherman to do a three minute on air
 segment about our chapter and  White Cane Day and even made a
beautiful Texas shaped NFB thermometer for us). I also don't want to
forget member Jenny Salinas who took on two big projects (one with
Frank) just to help out. The pandemic has affected a few of our
members and members' families and I am just so fortunate to be
surrounded by such kind and caring members who look out for each
other. Thank you.

Lastly, The San Antonio chapter basket raised (and correct me if I'm
wrong) $250 for the Texas state NFB programs.

Have a good rest of your week everybody,
Wendy Walker
President
San Antonio Chapter