[NFBSATX] White Cane Awareness Day

Wendy Walker wenintex at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 12:29:12 UTC 2021

Today is the 57th annual White Cane Awareness Day. Celebrations are
going on all over the country both virtually and some are in person.
San Antonio is having a scaled down version this year on the steps of
City Hall with the mayor as a speaker for the first time since San
Antonio has held the event. It starts at 11 a.m. with attendance
limited. Thanks to our very own Frank Carrillo, our chapter got a very
nice mention on Channel 12 last night and their weatherman created an
NFB thermometer to commemorate White Cane Awareness Day. This day is
to celebrate the symbol of our independence and we hope to see you all
in person at hopefully a larger event next year if conditions allow.

The Facebook page for San Antonio's White Cane Awareness Day can be
found by searching for White Cane Awareness Day SATX or clicking the
link below:
https://mbasic.facebook.com/WhiteCaneSafetyAwarenessDaySanAntonioTexas/?refid=46&__xts__%5B0%5D=12.AbqS57B4--qHR9fPscJBSlD18voEMFCKrD2Gh7M4Do1-GTvd7uMdkdPsnePS5hYTQBXVTGTRz2_w1j6ufxcENHeERz6iecYW0qW_FSN24gRfiOFE9JO84UadAZNccR1ioqBVSD_bECTIBYsMunxzTKrT4e6L06lHOcwWnaWzgaxfEhqeHgE3zU3WkJgitg3DHA1xJgjeKiLnhnyxhRrGkDW5KvBI51LchXp_wgDeQDaYb89wWAmDl0KaR9JYI2GoQE8mqfQI0Fn_SP5GT3T_3Y3o7M7tW4Ayu36ld6L4NlmGaXvNiGwOFxspcRsj_kSdg7GnFPmPk0XZswmS11u6kr8wBmxPbqYrM0tY7ohtf5NJ-klazdfDIj12E2WF8rhARmyuVjoX7YBGo1k193_1DCD3S6u66CQU2YWc6G9gwRkcYH5fjJhCjaqfoAsix4gPHA0P5UF391UYZ8-w0WyRSu-kYn_vqzrp9lsgaGTlXrUtHOkXWPdjSp-RyXT84pozQab0At529LKsAZ9MkBis0SfMgx_V4svD93YRyXzKA7ZNzBpCyO53Msfpu5VOYz1WFms