[NFBSATX] Fwd: Housing Choice Voucher Waitlist Reopening

Wendy Walker wenintex at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 19:15:03 UTC 2023

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sonia Aguirre <sonia_aguirre at homesa.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 10:56:57 -0600
Subject: Housing Choice Voucher Waitlist Reopening
Cc: Pineda <anna_pineda at homesa.org>, Loretta Garibay
<loretta_garibay at homesa.org>

  Good Morning Partners,

We want to remind you that *Opportunity Home San Antonio's Housing
Choice Voucher Program* will be accepting applications from *November 1st
to 15th*. Our waitlist will be lottery-based, which means at the end of our
open enrollment period 15,000 applicants will be randomly selected for the
Housing Choice Voucher waitlist.

All applications are completed online at homesa.org. If applicants need
assistance with filling out the online application, they can call
210.477.6406, please note this phone line is dedicated only to callers
needing assistance related to applying for the Housing Choice Voucher
waitlist. Attached below is information regarding our Housing Choice
Voucher waitlist. Please note:

   - applicants will need names, birth dates, and social security numbers
   for all household members
   - current and valid email address
   - current and valid mailing address
   - applicants may also apply for public housing
   - average wait time if selected for the Housing Choice Voucher waitlist
   will be up to 2 years

If applicants need access to a computer to apply for housing they may visit:

*Workforce Solutions Alamo (5 locations, hours are M-F from 8 am-5 pm)*

   - 6723 S. Flores 78221
   - 3652 Bluemel Rd 78229
   - 7008 Marbach Rd 78227
   - 4615 Walzem 78218
   - 4535 E. Houston 78220

*BiblioTech (3 locations, hours are M 9 am - 6 pm; T-F 12 pm to 8 pm;
Sat/Sun 10 am - 6 pm)*

   - 3505 Pleasanton 78221
   - 2003 S. Zarzamora 78207
   - 1203 N. Walters 78202

*San Antonio Public L: libraries (various locations and various hours)*

   -
*SAPL Locations and Hours <https://www.mysapl.org/Visit/Locations> *

*UTSA Westside Community Center*

   - 1310 Guadalupe Street 78207
   - M-F 10 am to 4 pm

Please feel free to reach out to Anna (Yvette) Pineda at
anna_pineda at homesa.org with any questions.

Thank you all!

[image: image.png]

--
<https://www.homesa.org>

Sonia Aguirre
*Manager of Community Resources*

Opportunity Home San Antonio
818 S. Flores
San Antonio, TX 78204
*Direct *(210) 477-6624 | *Mobile* 210-347-2588

Learn More <https://homesa.org/learnmore>