[NFBSATX] How to experience the eclipse today as a blind person

sanantonio at nfbtx.org sanantonio at nfbtx.org
Mon Apr 8 16:00:53 UTC 2024

The day of the solar eclipse has arrived! There are two ways for the blind
to experience the eclipse that I think you will find interesting:

1. Eclipse Soundscapes app by Arissa Labs. I used this app in Vegas a few
years ago during an eclipse and the Rumble Map is very good. It also has a
countdown to the exact moment of the eclipse at your location. It is
availaple for iPhone but I am not sure about the Google Play store.

2. The Light Sound Project is doing a live broadcast of their devices during
the eclipse  and here is the information they sent out:

Hello LightSound community,

You can find a link on the LightSound website to join the live streaming
event of LightSound Along Totality. The event will take place 1 to 3pm CDT.

To join this event on ACB Media 2:

.              Through the built-in ACB Media Media player
https://acbmedia.org/2

.              Say to your Alexa device: Alexa, ask ACB media to play 2

.              Access Media 2 from your ACB link App or

Join the event in zoom:

.              https://acb-org.zoom.us/j/82689523178

I hope you all get a chance to experience this historical event.

Best regards,

Wendy Walker

President

San Antonio Chapter

National Federation of the Blind of Texas