[NFBSea] Fwd: [NFBWATLK] Research Participation Opportunity for People with Low Vision

mjc59 at comcast.net mjc59 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 20 22:32:18 UTC 2018

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App

------ Original Message ------

Cc:CindyBennett
Sent: June 20, 2018 at 2:53 PM
Subject: [NFBWATLK] Research Participation Opportunity for People with Low
Vision

Hello, I am passing this announcement on for a colleague. Please contact them directly with inquiries about the study. Also, I have not joined the Greater Seattle Chapter list yet, so if someone could forward it there, that would be helpful. Thank you, Microsoft Research is exploring how to make virtual reality more accessible to people with low vision (i.e., people who are not completely blind, but who have visual challenges that cannot be fully addressed by corrective lenses). If you have low vision, are at least 18 years old, and are able to visit our Redmond office in person, then you are eligible to participate in our study. Note that you must have some functional vision in order to participate – if you typically rely entirely on a screen reader rather than your vision in order to interact with computing devices, then this study is not a good fit for you. The study will take place in early July, will last 1 hour, and you will earn a $50 Amazon gift certificate as a gratuity foryour time. During the study, you will try several virtual reality applications and provide us with feedback about their accessibility. Your participation will help us design more accessible virtual reality tools for people with low vision. If you would like to participate, please email Microsoft Research intern Yuhang Zhao at t-yuzhao at microsoft.com and indicate whether you have ever used any type of virtual reality application before, such as applications on platforms like HoloLens or Oculus. If you have used VR before, please briefly describe the situation(s) in which you have used it (e.g., tried it briefly at a store or demo, use it regularly, etc.). -- Cindy Bennett https://www.bennettc.com/ Ph.D. Candidate in Human Centered Design and Engineering University of Washington _______________________________________________ NFBWATLK mailing list NFBWATLK at nfbnet.org http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfbwatlk_nfbnet.org To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for NFBWATLK: http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbwatlk_nfbnet.org/mjc59%40comcast.net