[NFBSea] Greetings From Your New Seattle Chapter President and Board

Michael Forzano michaeldforzano at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 02:58:18 UTC 2019

Dear Seattle Federationists:

Thanks for electing me as your new chapter president and for bringing
on our new board.  Also many thanks to our previous leadership, we may
be asking for guidance from time to time as we learn processes.

As I begin my term, I’d like to request the following:

Prompt arrival and courteous behavior
Please arrive to our monthly meetings on time.  If you arrive late,
find your seat and conduct yourself as quietly as possible as the
meeting is in progress and we wish to be courteous to all in
attendance.  As you know, we often have more to discuss than we have
time for, so your prompt arrival and attention is appreciated.

Activities and Speakers
The board has many ideas for meeting speakers and chapter activities,
and we will present some of them at our February 16 meeting.  Please
come prepared to share your suggestions, as they will help us to keep
our meetings engaging and plan activities that chapter members are
interested in.

Meeting agendas and minutes
We will send a meeting agenda to the list before each meeting, and
minutes will be sent out after the meeting to help keep everyone
informed.

Seattle Chapter Listserv
Please consider subscribing to the Seattle chapter listserv for
announcements, agendas and other relevant info. To subscribe, go to
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfbsea_nfbnet.org and enter your
email address, name (optional) and create a password. In the future,
we will not always send information specific to the Seattle chapter to
the nfbwatlk list, so please subscribe so you don't miss out on
important info. We will also be creating Facebook events for each
chapter meeting on our Facebook page, so if you're on Facebook, please
like our chapter page at
https://www.facebook.com/NFB-Greater-Seattle-Chapter-1846115408962699/

Lunch Suggestions
We like our go-to places, but if you have a suggestion for somewhere
else we should try, feel free to let me or another board member know
by sending us the restaurant name, website and physical address, and
any other relevant information. Keep in mind that we typically have 10
to 15 people go to lunch after a meeting.

As a reminder our February chapter meeting is this Saturday. I will
send a separate email with the agenda to the Seattle chapter listserv
so please subscribe if you'd like to receive it.

Please feel free to send any questions and suggestions to me at
michaeldforzano at gmail.com. Looking forward to a great year!

Mike  Forzano, Greater Seattle Chapter President