[NFBSea] bill status and action needed

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 22 06:15:15 UTC 2019

Hello Colleagues,

Here is where we stand with respect to HB 1706 and SB 5753.

HB 1706 was referred to the House Rules Committee. Members of the committee can bring the bill up for consideration by the committee by doing what is called a “Rules Pull” of our bill. What we need to do now is to email members of this committee and ask them to do a “Rules Pull of HB 1706”. You need to use that language in your email. You can also tell them why you want this bill to move forward in the House. The Speaker of the House, Rep. Frank Chop, can also pull a bill out to be considered by the Rules Committee. He is also the Rules Committee Chair. Anyone can email him at Frank.Chop at leg.wa.gov <mailto:Frank.Chop at leg.wa.gov> The email format for other House members is FirstName.LastName at leg.wa.gov. I have attached a link to the list of Rules Committee members below. They will especially want to hear from their constituents but anyone can send them an email. Both Rep. Stonier and Wiley from the Vancouver area are on this committee. Committee members check their emails for Rules Pulls so be sure to email them and cc me.
House Rules Committee members: http://leg.wa.gov/House/Committees/RUL/Pages/MembersStaff.aspx <http://leg.wa.gov/House/Committees/RUL/Pages/MembersStaff.aspx>

SB 5753 was scheduled for a vote in Executive Session of the Senate Labor and Commerce Committee but that did not happen. Therefore we need to keep up the pressure on these committee members to hold a vote and advance SB 5753. Here is the link for the Senate rules Committee members: http://leg.wa.gov/Senate/Committees/lbrc/Pages/MembersStaff.aspx <http://leg.wa.gov/Senate/Committees/lbrc/Pages/MembersStaff.aspx>

Thank you to those who have contacted legislators. I received emails today from Denise Mackenstadt and Vaughn Brown. Keep up the good work!

Marci Carpenter
mjc59 at comcast.net