[NFBSea] Greater Seattle Chapter Hike Next Weekend (Sunday June 9)

Michael Forzano michaeldforzano at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 19:52:50 UTC 2019

Hi All,

Next Sunday the Greater Seattle Chapter will be taking the Metro Trailhead
direct bus to the East Sunset Way trailhead to hike the Tradition Lake Loop
Trail.

When: Sunday June 9, 2019
Time: 11:00A-5:00P
Meeting location: Mount Baker Transit Center Bay 2. We will be taking the
11:11AM trailhead direct Mount Baker TC to Issaquah Alps route to the East
Sunset Way Trailhead (the ride is about 50 minutes).
Hike location: Tradition Lake Loop Trail (
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/washington/tradition-lake-loop-trail--2)

This is a 3.7 mile hike rated as easy by AllTrails. Based on the reviews,
the trails are well maintained and there is very little elevation change.

We plan to return to Seattle at around 5PM, but this will depend  on how
long the hike takes us. The trailhead direct bus back to Mount Baker
transit center runs every half hour in the afternoon.

Please note that this is an adventure in nature so dress appropriately and
bring snacks and water.  Below is a list of recommended items.
Hiking shoes or lightweight boots
Hiking poles
Water
Sunglasses and a hat that covers the ears and shades the face
Light colored clothing to reflect heat
Sunscreen
Snacks such as trail mix, cheese and crackers, baby carrots, chocolate,
portable high protein foods
A small day pack should suffice for carrying things you will need

Please RSVP to me by email at michaeldforzano at gmail.com or by text at (914)
806-7579 if you plan on joining us.

Hope to see you there, and feel free to contact me with any questions.

Mike Forzano, Greater Seattle Chapter President