[NFBSea] Fwd: Join us on June 13th for Parenting Without Pity

Anna Letitia Zivarts annaz at rootedinrights.org
Fri May 17 19:19:36 UTC 2019

[image: Rooted in Rights logo. A tree with visible roots on the left and
large block letters of the text Rooted in Rights to the right.]
[image: White background the illustration of an adult figure behind a
child. The following words are to the right: Parenting Without Pity]
*YOU'RE INVITED!*

*Parenting Without Pity June 13th at 7:30 pm Town Hall Seattle 1119 8th Ave
Ticket Cost: $5  *FREE for students under 22 Doors open at 6:30 pm*
How many of us raised in isolation from other disabled people wish we could
have built connections with the disability community earlier in our lives?
Our panel of disabled parents will share insights into how we can create
ties between disabled and non-disabled parents, discuss identity, and
create a greater positive community of support and belonging for kids with
disabilities.

#ParentingWithoutPity
<https://rootedinrights.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6a7f3343e119168b8e76fdcb0&id=a1b2f77808&e=236efe46bc>
is a Rooted in Rights storytelling project where disabled parents offer
compassionate and frank advice and guidance to non-disabled parents of
disabled children. Some of the parents featured in this project will be
panelists at the event.
Buy Tickets
<https://rootedinrights.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6a7f3343e119168b8e76fdcb0&id=8ba9418884&e=236efe46bc>
Click here to sponsor the event
<https://rootedinrights.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6a7f3343e119168b8e76fdcb0&id=4740b5fd15&e=236efe46bc>
Click here if you are interested in tabling at event
<https://rootedinrights.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6a7f3343e119168b8e76fdcb0&id=f64e2686a4&e=236efe46bc>
The event space is wheelchair accessible.  We have been in communication
with Town Hall because we weren't happy about the slope of the hill where
the entrance was located for our previous event.  They will have finished
construction on the upper main entrance, so it will be possible to enter
through that door instead, which isn't located on such a steep slope.

CART services and ASL will be provided.

Please contact production at townhallseattle.org to request any additional
accessibility services or accommodations.
Donate to Rooted in Rights!
<https://rootedinrights.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6a7f3343e119168b8e76fdcb0&id=e4fca265fe&e=236efe46bc>
<https://rootedinrights.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6a7f3343e119168b8e76fdcb0&id=169456a25b&e=236efe46bc>
<https://rootedinrights.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6a7f3343e119168b8e76fdcb0&id=bd08a7a687&e=236efe46bc>
<https://rootedinrights.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6a7f3343e119168b8e76fdcb0&id=ab07d64e0c&e=236efe46bc>
<http://www.rootedinrights.org>
*Copyright © 2019 Rooted in Rights, All rights reserved.*

You can update your preferences
<https://rootedinrights.us15.list-manage.com/profile?u=6a7f3343e119168b8e76fdcb0&id=8f557b7c08&e=236efe46bc>
or unsubscribe from this list
<https://rootedinrights.us15.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=6a7f3343e119168b8e76fdcb0&id=8f557b7c08&e=236efe46bc&c=826d1a35bd>