[NFBSea] FW: Meeting follow-up

Jacob Struiksma jacobstruiksma at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 07:11:39 UTC 2019

               Passing on for your information.

Meeting follow-up

Hi Jacob,

Here's a couple of things we spoke about on Saturday:

NE 65th Comments <https://www.seattle.gov/transportation/projects-and-programs/programs/neighborhood-street-fund/current-projects/ne-65th-street-pedestrian-safety-enhancements> :

SDOT is seeking input to refine the design for pedestrian improvements at certain intersections along 65th. Construction is expected for 2021. Projects include:

*	New painted crosswalks at Brooklyn Ave NE, 14th Ave NE, 21st Ave NE and 28th Ave NE
*	New flashing beacons at 21st Ave NE and 28th Ave NE
*	Small concrete islands protecting bicycle lanes at Brooklyn Ave NE and 14th Ave NE intersections
*	New curb bulbs at 21st Ave NE and 28th Ave NE

Other Citywide Policy Campaigns:

I've added you to the lists for these three campaigns, so you should receive ongoing information.

* Signals Policy:  As a direct result of our advocacy, Seattle City Council passed a resolution <http://seattle.legistar.com/LegislationDetail.aspx?ID=4136328&GUID=F419CF94-E29A-479A-86D4-AB8EDA904C3A>  in Sept asking SDOT to develop a Traffic Signals policy that prioritizes people. That report is coming out in December.

* Sidewalk Maintenance Policy: Sidewalk maintenance is currently the responsibility of the property owner, but Seattle doesn't have any mechanisms to enforce this or to help pay for maintenance for low-income properties. As a direct result of our advocacy, Seattle City Council passed a resolution <http://seattle.legistar.com/LegislationDetail.aspx?ID=4136327&GUID=C0191154-4E19-49DD-8100-16E6A4783BA7>  in Sept asking SDOT to develop a draft maintenance plan that addresses the issue systemically and equitably. That plan is due back in March, 2020.

* Snow/Ice Removal: The same resolution above also asked SDOT to create a plan for snow and ice removal, particularly for people with disabilities trying to access transit and basic services. That report is due back Jan 1, 2020.

Thank you for all you do, Jacob!

Be well,

Clara

--