[NFBSea] FW: Impacts on Your Commute: Tolling and Closures

Jacob Struiksma jacobstruiksma at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 18:16:27 UTC 2019

Passing on for your information

Impacts on Your Commute: Tolling and Closures

Hi Jacob ,

Information below on upcoming closures and SR 99 Tunnel tolling that will
impact transportation in our region. Feel free to share!

It's time to get ready for Chapter 3 of the
<http://www.seattle.gov/traffic> #SeattleSqueeze, the period through 2024
where private and public construction projects put pressure on our
transportation system, changing how we all get around.  There are several
transformative transportation adjustments happening this fall and winter.

Be informed and prepared for:

*        Connect 2020:
<https://www.soundtransit.org/blog/platform/three-weekend-service-disruption
s-coming-october-november> Weekend LINK closures in downtown Seattle on
October 26-27 and November 9-10 to prepare for a 10-week period of
<https://www.soundtransit.org/blog/platform/connect-2020-connecting-blue-lin
e-to-existing-link-service> major light rail service impacts beginning in
January 2020.

*        The start of  <https://99tunnel.com/> tolling in the SR 99 tunnel
on November 9.

*        Read about other traffic and construction impacts, including
<https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Projects/SR520Bridge/default.htm> 520 closures;
ongoing impacts related to  <https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Projects/Viaduct/>
Alaskan Way Viaduct demolition ; the start of construction of the
<https://waterfrontseattle.org/construction/construction-overview> new
Alaskan Way on the Waterfront, and the
<https://www.seattle.gov/transportation/projects-and-programs/programs/bridg
es-stairs-and-other-structures/bridges/fairview-ave-n-bridge-replacement>
Fairview Avenue Bridge closure, which started September 23 and will last for
up to 18 months while crews rebuild the aging, wooden structure on
seattle.gov/traffic.

Here's what you can do:

*        Plan Ahead: Give yourself extra time to reach your destination and
look for ways that you can shift the hours you commute or shift the modes of
transportation you use. The changes you make have an impact on our whole
transportation system!

*        Spread the Word: Please distribute the information in this email
with your employees, constituents, community members, or other key
stakeholders.

*        Request a Briefing: Our staff may be able to come speak with you
and your key stakeholder groups to provide the latest information on the
Seattle Squeeze, answer questions, and provide resources. Please provide the
date, time, and location of the event when requesting a briefing!

*        Learn More: Please visit the webpages listed above or
<https://www.seattletraffic.org/> seattle.gov/traffic for more information
and reach out to us with further questions or comments.

Please see translated materials at  <https://www.seattletraffic.org/>
seattle.gov/traffic. Email  <mailto:Danielle.Friedman at seattle.gov>
Danielle.Friedman at seattle.gov to request materials or a briefing.

Thank you for your continued coordination and support during the
#SeattleSqueeze!

Laura Jenkins

Community Engagement Coordinator
Office: 206-684-0320

Cell: 206-437-3735

 <http://www.seattle.gov/neighborhoods/> seattle.gov/neighborhoods

 <http://frontporch.seattle.gov/> Blog │
<https://www.facebook.com/SeattleNeighborhoods/> Facebook │
<https://twitter.com/SeaNeighborhood> Twitter │
<https://www.instagram.com/seattle_neighborhoods> Instagram

 <http://www.seattle.gov/neighborhoods/outreach-and-engagement/newsletter>
Sign up for the Seattle Department of Neighborhoods e-newsletter here:
<https://www.seattle.gov/neighborhoods/outreach-and-engagement/newsletter>
https://www.seattle.gov/neighborhoods/outreach-and-engagement/newsletter

Public Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement: Consistent with the Public Records
Act, Chapter 42.56 RCW, all records within the possession of the City may be
subject to a public disclosure request and may be distributed or copied.
Records include and are not limited to sign-in sheets, contracts, emails,
notes, correspondence, etc. Use of lists of individuals or directory
information (including address, phone or E-mail) may not be used for
commercial purposes.