[NFBSea] FW: Want Stay Healthy Streets in your neighborhood? Act Now!

jacobstruiksma at gmail.com jacobstruiksma at gmail.com
Fri May 29 18:35:38 UTC 2020

Passing on for your information.

Want Stay Healthy Streets in your neighborhood? Act Now!

Have you heard the news? Your advocacy is working!

Thanks to your emails, photos and stories, Mayor Durkan announced that many
of Seattle's Stay Healthy Streets will be made permanent
<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdkNluwyAQRb_GfsNiMcZ-4CFNmt-ICB47
tCwRTGrl74u7SFUlJJg7zNHcO-uJioHJ1mlOOaWSCzbKnvKOdYJS1h_P_PUkDuNRHpuehrUrYBA9
rBkgbuZZupTX1q_-EozzLq4XNzfypZEnvV-cMzFOTKr6qlrr9Q3xXhpxaPi5nm3bfonoApTOplDl
H4lE2EotMZtY7imjQZfin_7mvCd3yMFEiOifxPpUgHBKgvNQSFpIhuLm2nTGk4J1aywEEwmpIPmA
m7MVU_nL4mwFt1m_GZuu9efDvZdgqul1d7Yv1qI21qZHxAtjXKj2pgdlxCgUTLKf5XAVXE2Tkmro
zTL2V2BfyfwO_U9mZ3zn8gmgb3zo>  so that people can continue to enjoy walking,
rolling, and biking in their neighborhoods after the pandemic ends. The
Seattle Dept. of Transportation is also changing traffic signal timing to
prioritize people in dense neighborhoods citywide. Let's keep it up!

We're encouraging the City to keep extending the Stay Healthy Streets
program as a low-cost, straightforward way for neighbors to feel safe on
their neighborhood streets, with communities being able to weigh in on what
they want the permanent installation to look like and how it can reflect
neighborhood priorities and culture. We also think that this program needs
to extend into some of Seattle's densest neighborhoods, where neighbors have
even less open community space to share and recreate safely.

CLICK HERE to send a note thanking elected leaders for supporting Stay
Healthy Streets and to ask for continued expansion to more neighborhoods
<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdT8FKxTAQ_Jr0WLLZpEkPOdTWggdBQfBY
0jYvL9o20qSI7-tNFS_CLjsMO8PMrGuKFYjCa0YZpYIhKMEpK6FESoG3PbvvsFGtaAmnqyujNSkt
1u3Wbp_mK5Zhd8XilmE1fvGbG_xMxB0RnT4PY4CqBiEzylyx6GtKH5FgQ1ifJ9rp2G2Z9Zewr7Gc
wprZEw92c36z509efrn5OjymgVZPr7IZbw_P40tDsE8EOxBKQY3AabHrNzOFMab98O9xNTmzO4Od
xkXSZprCsaUBgKEsrhq45RZFbalEKms1S4HWSFQGq0oB_hT7E_0vdnr81voG-VFfpg> .

8 Solutions for Safe Streets for Social Distancing
<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxtj8FuwyAMhp8GjgjskIQDhy5tXyOiQCgr
CVOgqvb2I5t2mSZZsvXb_v3ZacWxF5JGDRw4l4BilB0HJhhyLrrpCpcznsZJTqTja2DFm1qTD7v3
28t8Fpb3QFNI82piiluYoyPyjcizPhKAwFEJObSqaTTpe60fBE8Eri3-MzvkbKNJLpZqNts8S20D
tbQO3fW7sfnWlGd8lNU0qHBcZjavtGpjbX5udRYCcKB3baTtBuXFbXBWLeAQcOHt3wX73oFQ3-S_
S3_JD48f7i9FQVnA>

Governor Inslee's stay-at-home order currently allows walking and biking for
exercise and essential transportation as long as you stay six feet away from
everyone else. Getting fresh air and activity are important not only for our
physical and mental health, but walking and biking to essential jobs and
services can also help save money when finances are feeling tight
(transportation is a major household cost in Seattle, second only to
housing).

With warmer weather ahead, and the possibility of even more-crowded parks
and sidewalks, Seattle Neighborhood Greenways has been looking at ways to
expand our safe, affordable, and sustainable transportation and recreation
options. With the input and collaboration of community members across the
city, we've come up with eight solutions for healthy streets during the
COVID-19 crisis.

CLICK HERE to send a note to elected leaders supporting Stay Healthy Streets
and other COVID-19 Responses
<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdT8FKxTAQ_Jr0WLLZpEkPOdTWggdBQfBY
0jYvL9o20qSI7-tNFS_CLjsMO8PMrGuKFYjCa0YZpYIhKMEpK6FESoG3PbvvsFGtaAmnqyujNSkt
1u3Wbp_mK5Zhd8XilmE1fvGbG_xMxB0RnT4PY4CqBiEzylyx6GtKH5FgQ1ifJ9rp2G2Z9Zewr7Gc
wprZEw92c36z509efrn5OjymgVZPr7IZbw_P40tDsE8EOxBKQY3AabHrNzOFMab98O9xNTmzO4Od
xkXSZprCsaUBgKEsrhq45RZFbalEKms1S4HWSFQGq0oB_hT7E_0vdnr81voG-VFfpg> .

1. Expand Stay Healthy Streets

Have you had the chance to experience one of the city's Stay Healthy Streets
<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdUMtuhDAM_Bq4BeVBWDjksGW7v4FCkk3S
DUlFTBF_39CqrVTJ1owse2yPFgNmHeG1FxRTjDllpOctpg1pGMakHe_09cau_cjHqsWLbbKRAMHY
1Zi4yyM3abV1sGFapA8-2snrir9U_CZOoJSwfiD8Ulip1UE4gPdcsWtF7yWyTjCH9Cvb2PRRyuct
BXB7cnb2gTyQMzKAO1CGshwyUimCj5tB4HxGuzFPJKNGuw8BSa0RQ9HsJb11c1pdSjr_tZqoi269
ijep0lwkN__MiyxP2vOTRqWlBiGVSluEiRDKLrUTknQKM1aAGPUgWmPSDZ15cDW0j75lX078DP13
4tT49uETy-10MQ>  yet? They're a little bit of sparkling magic in these dark
times.

At first glance they don't look like much, because all it takes to make one
is a few cones and signs to restrict vehicles to local access only and open
up the street for people.

<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdj81uxCAMhJ8mHCMwGMiBwzbbfY2IEEpo
81MFR6u-fUmrXipZ8owlj-abXMelFsiyAw6cI0hhUXFoRSs5F6p_wOtd3myPfaP4mtoSPdES0xHj
9vRfpd2PxJa0DKvPS97SkKcGXxq8u2sBCGk7gaaqemOLm4k-SyNvDTzq0DMTxaMN-1rdtG9p3ocw
-y1VW8jTWaoQgAjaSK3QKLDCgGWHe_dhHwsdZ_4oq6_t0lXhimLkfAj7udEgBEjDZqenNx-t8Z7j
GLAbNQY7jl0VxnQK9Q_C39N_hCvjF-Abpc9ZRg>

But linger for any period of time and you'll see an elder walking, a couple
running, a family walking their dogs, or kids biking in the street.

<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdj0tuwzAMRE9jLQ2R-thaaJE4TXfd9ACG
LDOKWn8KS0bQ21dukU0BApwhwMGb0RouNCgWLXLkXKGAVkmONdSCc5DdFV8u4tR2qqskn0OdyOU8
UdiIlof7TvW6BTaFqZ9dnOIS-jhW6lypiz0WIojWgGqKKjc22XvOX6kSpwqvZfIj5kxb7de5uPe3
12dscSm7vB8CUEnVGKNASESlAQ3b7Ifz65DytsfPNLsCFw6CI4ll67xf9yX3ACgadreDJu-IaDDN
MN4GqW_UEkCjSWrhNf9t8Hz63-DI-OP_AU5OWWs>

At the beginning of May, Mayor Durkan announced another 11 miles of Stay
Healthy Streets
<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdj01ugzAQhU-Dd0YeD07IwouUNNdABhxD
auPKNq24fYdW7aLSaP408_S9SV8EnkCxRUshhVASoVWNkDXUKAQ03V2-3vDadqqrGhFcna0pxVuX
rF0_zZ7rmBzzzvfBLH5ZXb9MlXqp1E0fRUrA9gLqTB3tmNdzKe-5wmsl7xR5imXw8U-2dvGD1gcL
FaGOBJScLTxZM-0cgIeYLA-Lt5nHB8_F7Hy2xpd5p4G4SuZjDMTC97glTpSkwJJ-mjEOdLEtbzkY
suMO5ppuWdFmHOO2lh5A4pnNekIYUeJpaABBTM1wRmxUO4xoW6se8tvz79N_z4fGj-Mv1v9rAQ>
, and we're so excited! This initiative opens up valuable public space, our
streets, for people to move around while maintaining a safe physical
distance from each other.

If widely implemented, these streets will help to ease pressure on some of
our overcrowded city parks, sidewalks, and trails. Stay Healthy Streets will
become increasingly important as the summer heats up, and Seattleites are
eager to get outside while being able to keep a safe distance from each
other.

That's why we're proposing the city implement our crowdsourced, 130 mile,
network of Stay Healthy Streets.

Click here for an interactive map
<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdjzFPwzAQhX-NM0a-c5y6g4c2bcTQDgWJ
gaVyHdcJOHGwHRD_HgfEgnTSnZ7uvnuvk1vKauDFIJEipRwZCF5RLKFklELVtHg8sJ1oeEMqOtoy
GpWSMzYYM32qr1j6YAtn3XVUgxsmex06wveEH-TaEIGJLfBNnrJWONmnNEfCdgTbXF0YPkxpvbfO
lNqPWfKzmQhrM4Yd4OFynpR9vIvj7Qkmv7w355OrTi-BXo7iOTQE6yXOeTP2KuTvRZCvSvtbTGEZ
3uKosmm7OlvhRZJKa79M6QqAbFP0kivgFW71RtEaBUeuaqUN1-ZuUADon2R_R_-TrYzfXN_d0mHy
> . The plan includes iconic recreational walking and biking routes in
Seattle such as along Lake Washington Blvd, Green Lake Drive, Beach Drive,
Alaskan Way, and much more!

<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdjzFPwzAQhX-NM0a-c5y6g4c2bcTQDgWJ
gaVyHdcJOHGwHRD_HgfEgnTSnZ7uvnuvk1vKauDFIJEipRwZCF5RLKFklELVtHg8sJ1oeEMqOtoy
GpWSMzYYM32qr1j6YAtn3XVUgxsmex06wveEH-TaEIGJLfBNnrJWONmnNEfCdgTbXF0YPkxpvbfO
lNqPWfKzmQhrM4Yd4OFynpR9vIvj7Qkmv7w355OrTi-BXo7iOTQE6yXOeTP2KuTvRZCvSvtbTGEZ
3uKosmm7OlvhRZJKa79M6QqAbFP0kivgFW71RtEaBUeuaqUN1-ZuUADon2R_R_-TrYzfXN_d0mHy

In recognition of the current staffing and budget crunch, this proposal does
not require any new major infrastructure - only cones and signs. The map
relies heavily on existing neighborhood greenways and quiet neighborhood
streets where possible, but incorporates pathways on some major streets
where needed. For more details, see our FAQ
<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdj8tuwjAQRb_G2TUaj2NwFl7QBFqpDxZV
F2WDjGNMIIkj2yni7-sUdVNpRnM1msc9jSyBLSjPWomAABwZFbwAzGnOAGhRbXBds5WoeEUK6G0e
jIqxM9YbM1zVLeTO26yz3b5XbdcOdt82hD8SXsu5IFImSsqXSaVe1slTjGMgbEVwk6JxOuTWOduZ
XLv-3pl6M8RZpqTn24e_7MTT-Pp9-9QvNVvvsG6uzfi1fYCpGt_weWG2xfXdX9K4adpI2GYKI2F1
OCmfHGVenpV2hxD91F5CrxKInd3OH7MoldZuGuKeUmTL7CQXyTIIBFNqUTCjBRyPitLSGDjyssBf
2r-l_7TzjTvrD1NjaLo> .

This collaboratively-created plan is based on suggestions from a survey
asking for community input, which was shared in pieces by KUOW, the Seattle
Times, the Stranger, the Seattle Bike Blog, and other media outlets and
received 250 suggestions. We also utilized our network of local groups and
relationships with other organizations to solicit recommendations and vet
maps of each district. In District 2, leadership from community and
neighborhood-based groups such as the African American Leadership forum,
Bethany Church, and EL Comite offered support and insight on routes. Through
these conversations and more, we emerged with a map that is at once
pragmatic, community-supported, and inspiring.

<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdT8FKxTAQ_Jr0WLLZpEkPOdTWggdBQfBY
0jYvL9o20qSI7-tNFS_CLjsMO8PMrGuKFYjCa0YZpYIhKMEpK6FESoG3PbvvsFGtaAmnqyujNSkt
1u3Wbp_mK5Zhd8XilmE1fvGbG_xMxB0RnT4PY4CqBiEzylyx6GtKH5FgQ1ifJ9rp2G2Z9Zewr7Gc
wprZEw92c36z509efrn5OjymgVZPr7IZbw_P40tDsE8EOxBKQY3AabHrNzOFMab98O9xNTmzO4Od
xkXSZprCsaUBgKEsrhq45RZFbalEKms1S4HWSFQGq0oB_hT7E_0vdnr81voG-VFfpg> If you
want to see 130 miles of Stay Healthy Streets implemented in Seattle this
summer please CLICK HERE to send a note showing your support.

<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdj0tuwzAMRE9jLQ2SsmJpoUXiNCfo3pBl
RXHrTyDRCHr7yi26KUCAwwH4MDNaA_KESkyWgAAUSdSqAaqxlgDYdDd6u8qz7lRXNbDEOgfHPIeY
Qlhf7ivXW4pijnO_uGme1thPY6UulbraYxGh1AZVW1TxxGwfzM9cyXNFtzL8mphDqv22lOtSAOE9
uTU_t8TFyOx4z0UgNUoDgG6o1ZoMnEAk--H8NmRO-_SZF1fyxSPEARNsnffbvnKPSLIVDwsG2yC9
MaWhC4NG7wftCxjl_S5x_Cnx9_S_xMH4rfANWm5ZxQ>

2. Emergency Sidewalk Extensions

97% of Seattle's sidewalks are too narrow for people to safely pass each
other
<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdUMtuwyAQ_Bp8w-JhsH3wIU2a37AIJoQG
TMTiWPn7QttcKq32MdLOzs4yjYRLKho3McIIEYzTQXSEtbTlhNDueGafJ34YjuKIOhJsC0bl7I1N
xqy7ekEbk2289XNQzrvVzm5B4gOJ01QLY5QPIxV96QrW-OmW8wMQPyB2LrHv-5sxmNzqGAqoY4qr
erq0QZmqrlIILwmidsrjxUFWqy7XsAPswiMCuIs3OK44RMj4jxKDW8yu_L0cPG85zMEsbguIn0xV
i5isIMQtaVNAG5-L8e5p0qtJ05fS8QI5be4OQZXnbd2pEps8Ka3jtuaZUsb75jZpqYiUTI9SdUxf
aW_4VUnaDXTsL904_Dj0XvrvUOX49ecbInJ-Uw>  while social distancing guidelines
are in effect. Where possible, the city should temporarily expand sidewalks
by using cones or other barricades. We've already heard major concerns from
the Belltown Community Council for instance, and no neighborhood will be
immune to this issue.

<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdj81uhDAMhJ8GjsixyQ-HHLZseQ1k2CxL
l58qMVr17Rta9VLJkmcsefTNzTdARuly9ggIoJGU0zVgpSoCUHXb4fuVLq7VbVHDOlUpsMgSphjC
9uKvVO1xKpdp6Veel3mb-vlW6LdCX_25EBW5RmmbVb6Vi3-IfKaCLgV2eeQ1i4RYjfua3chxkX2L
IWdgl4TlSFko1ASEprbGOmpcbWwZ_QeP-5AkHvMzrZzhppPgTCrF8zjuxya9Uki2fPiBG2XcnTUQ
KKPYBIY7QUAidoPFnwZ_T_8bnBm__N8p1Vhy>

3. Emergency Bike Routes

For the immediate foreseeable future, people are going to want to have
physical distance between them as they start to get back to commuting and
other travel around the city. Cities around the world have begun to
implement temporary bikeways to reduce crowding on transit during this time
of social distancing. This could be accomplished through temporary
installation of cones and construction barriers, and/or by speeding up
existing projects such as East Marginal Way and Eastlake Ave). Creating a
network of safe places to bike will give people options to get to where they
need to go.

<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdUMtuwyAQ_BpzA8FianLgkDrNb0QEsEOL
IQJc1L8vbtVLpZV2NfuYmbXqRPkLE8groECpAM6kGCkQRjilbJyv8HbhZzmLeRjptpLidK3Brdm5
2PRXISmvKKzhtmkffFxv3g7idRAXdSQAxuWJialXHUNBPWp9loGfB7j2aK2RJSWro20-OmLS1tHo
Wukpu1L1nnWsBWeXni5iHfDSYZOw9bGzYRNScRaX2vX0MZNyivrT572grN61Sffe2v1H2XTXvx4i
DxJUlTYm7bHeGAM-oYfii5GCmztMVEzGGkqplnK0YPsjFoAfk39L_00eN34tfgMpf2oE>

4. Next Level Play Streets and Streeteries

Expanding our city's Play Streets and Streeteries programs and making the
permitting process easier and more streamlined will allow residents and
businesses to use street space more easily once public health restrictions
on activities are eased. Local businesses can create additional space for
physical distance between patrons, and people in both low and high density
neighborhoods can create their own community spaces.

<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxtT0tuwyAUPI3ZGfHA1PGChes0B-gFLAyU
kPCTjZXm9sWtuqkqPenNjDSjGS0Gwl6AIycooYRwyuDEO0IxYEYIdNOFvp3ZeJr41HQkWLwZWYo3
djUmPuRzw2m1yFs_B-m8i3Z2uuGvDT-L41EK7DQA7yuqGvLiWkpu2NjQS73_wqr8yK1KsZhYKtmz
T1JvFb0bHVLUrfmUIXvTjnl1vh3ao3k15Ce-ZYtWcZMqLVtZd3ffgqy17dENqxRQEVKptMcyA1DW
o6sgklOuoSfAOqnAaFAS-DJ8MNJpRZbvbb-mv9uOjJ9lXwojZKQ>

5. Automatic Traffic Signals for People

All people deserve traffic signals that allow them to walk and roll across
the street safely and with dignity. We encourage the Seattle Dept. of
Transportation (SDOT) to reconfigure traffic signals to automatically give
people the walk signal without them having to touch a button (other than for
vibration and sound signals for blind or deaf-blind pedestrians). The City
should also develop a policy that limits how low people have to wait for a
walk light and gives people enough time to cross the street.

<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxtj81uwyAQhJ8GbkH8mBofOKRO8wi9Whhv
CC0GC7Ci9umLW_VSVVppZ0fa0XyLHqh4YhJ7zSmnVHLBlOwoJ4wISlk3XvnLRZzVKEfU0dWRAqbW
AC4DxIf5KCRlh4ML02p88NFNfkHyGcmLPhbnTKiByb6p5uGg77VuSJwRv7b5L6zZj-1kU6wQazv2
LSSzlKZeffEpnj4hJ7JFh7N-MzbNpebdv5fVtILuaEFsWnHVxtq0xzoxxkWP7xo4wDyLQXW3ngG7
CWmlgV4qsGYRZv6m-H36S3Fk_DB8Ac6aXrA>

6. Pursue Vision Zero

The significant decrease in vehicle traffic during this time has also meant
a significant increase in speeding. It's critical that we keep people safe
as they travel to where they need to go. That's why we must follow through
with the Mayor's Vision Zero commitments to implement safer speed limits
citywide and build the Rainier Ave Safety Corridor Project.

<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdkN1ugzAMhZ8G7oLy0zT0gouuXV-jMsFA
SoAqMYr69gvbKk2TLNn-JPvYp2tOXB2FLl0jueRcSyVqfeCyEpXiXBwuN_l5Vef6oi_Fgc9DFRGI
PA4BcUnwitUahtIP_j6D824Z7q4r9Eehr82epBSqPgltcpVZ6ZuR6BkLdS7kLUdK6b2R3Iyxsuuc
8S9iC6aY2w4I_tDn6p1FBgFZCo6yKOsxYWAPeCXw0w7I2QkpsnYjNrphZAEIWSTnPXMxbtgxWlnr
wU7siR1GCg6WXawMzQPs2mayuSnOkP8e9uf220pqwNp1W-guhFSmHBtV8x7qGo4IShjRcsHRGNvz
XpqOm_bbnPfQf3P2HT_WfAELrn5f>

7. Decriminalize Walking

Many people may already feel comfortable walking on non arterial streets to
avoid other people, but we know from experience that laws like this are not
equitably enforced
<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdkN1ugzAMhZ8G7oLy0zT0gouuXV-jMsFA
SoAqMYr69gvbKk2TLNn-JPvYp2tOXB2FLl0jueRcSyVqfeCyEpXiXBwuN_l5Vef6oi_Fgc9DFRGI
PA4BcUnwitUahtIP_j6D824Z7q4r9Eehr82epBSqPgltcpVZ6ZuR6BkLdS7kLUdK6b2R3Iyxsuuc
8S9iC6aY2w4I_tDn6p1FBgFZCo6yKOsxYWAPeCXw0w7I2QkpsnYjNrphZAEIWSTnPXMxbtgxWlnr
wU7siR1GCg6WXawMzQPs2mayuSnOkP8e9uf220pqwNp1W-guhFSmHBtV8x7qGo4IShjRcsHRGNvz
XpqOm_bbnPfQf3P2HT_WfAELrn5f>  and are often used to place blame on victims
of traffic violence. Let's legalize or decriminalize
<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdj8tOwzAQRb_GWUb2OK7bhRclJUKqQKgo
BVaVa7uOwYmj2OH19TggNkgzmqvRPO7RYoPpirDCCcCAMQNK1qzCUJKSYkyquoHrHd2ua1ajCve2
jEam5I2djBne5Wcsw2QLb_2pl867wZ6cRuwKsZ1YCgCh6w1hPKvcK7zoUhojolsETQ4dVCxtCNab
UoX-tzP3ZkiLzEn8qj6opvk6Pra3_WXcu-ePzdG1Ny2_345Pqd2_3Y2Hhw6mLuRxo11CtJnjiOgu
dnLKjopJvEgVzjFNs3uNvcwgdnG7fCySkEqFeUgnQoDyohMVUStugINhXBvNL-fsX2GmNa0opvBD
-7f0n3a58cv6DaJPaVg>  walking in the street, just like used to be the case
before the automobile industry lobbied to kick people off of streets
<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdjsFuhSAURL8GdiXAhaILFlafiyb9BoOI
SKvSCD7z-vXVNt00ucncTDIzZ9AlhWcmcdCcckolB1ZIQTlhBChlom75rYGqqGWNBF08Sc7kPDu_
Obce5pFI3Dye_dwtJsxh9V0YkHxBstGXcM6gKJlU53d6eNZTzp8JQYV4e95xHOQR97z3jti4XI7J
dkLQ3hE0T1W7qrfw-tUlvOl3Y2Of8raHj7SYk8Zfk1cMZ22sjfuaO8Y4KDxp4UpZOhjcaJ2BUUlQ
woy9NVTIkg79D_Jf6D_y1fEL_A3BRVYa> .

8. A Green And Just Rebound

What comes next? What comes after the worst pandemic and possibly the worst
economic crisis in modern times? With Seattle as an early pandemic
epicenter, can we lead the way for a different future- by rebounding as a
greener, more equitable, and thriving city? It won't be easy, but we should
start by implementing a Green New Deal at every level of government to
transform our streets and our economy. Just in Seattle, there are billions
of dollars worth of needed walking, biking, and transit projects that would
create more good-paying green jobs than highway megaprojects.

---

<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdT8FKxTAQ_Jr0WLLZpEkPOdTWggdBQfBY
0jYvL9o20qSI7-tNFS_CLjsMO8PMrGuKFYjCa0YZpYIhKMEpK6FESoG3PbvvsFGtaAmnqyujNSkt
1u3Wbp_mK5Zhd8XilmE1fvGbG_xMxB0RnT4PY4CqBiEzylyx6GtKH5FgQ1ifJ9rp2G2Z9Zewr7Gc
wprZEw92c36z509efrn5OjymgVZPr7IZbw_P40tDsE8EOxBKQY3AabHrNzOFMab98O9xNTmzO4Od
xkXSZprCsaUBgKEsrhq45RZFbalEKms1S4HWSFQGq0oB_hT7E_0vdnr81voG-VFfpg>

CLICK HERE to send a note to elected leaders supporting Stay Healthy Streets
and other COVID-19 Responses
<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxdT8FKxTAQ_Jr0WLLZpEkPOdTWggdBQfBY
0jYvL9o20qSI7-tNFS_CLjsMO8PMrGuKFYjCa0YZpYIhKMEpK6FESoG3PbvvsFGtaAmnqyujNSkt
1u3Wbp_mK5Zhd8XilmE1fvGbG_xMxB0RnT4PY4CqBiEzylyx6GtKH5FgQ1ifJ9rp2G2Z9Zewr7Gc
wprZEw92c36z509efrn5OjymgVZPr7IZbw_P40tDsE8EOxBKQY3AabHrNzOFMab98O9xNTmzO4Od
xkXSZprCsaUBgKEsrhq45RZFbalEKms1S4HWSFQGq0oB_hT7E_0vdnr81voG-VFfpg> .

Excited by these ideas? We need your help to bring them to reality. The
Mayor and city staff are already implementing the first steps of many of
these initiatives, and we are grateful for their hard work. Now is the time
to join together, roll up our sleeves, and problem-solve to bring these
critical ideas to fruition as soon as possible so that we  emerge from this
crisis a more safe, affordable, and sustainable city.

Thank you for your continued advocacy!

Gordon Padelford

Executive Director
Seattle Neighborhood Greenways
<http://email.mg.seattlegreenways.org/c/eJxtjstqwzAQRb9GWop5SLG80CJxmt8wsiwU
t7JdbIWQv6_c0k0pDMxw4Z45o2uBT2jk5AgIwBCjNRpIoWIA1N2N3q58tp3phIY5qT36UnJMW4zL
0792tW5J5pT72U95WlI_jcJchLm6YxEh2xZNU6-ayezupXwKPgu61fkPVmO5uXcf1mEv22P62Gdf
X6eDr8I6y-J8COtjKT0icSPvboyWmlEPp5Yb1GB9jC0D6cEaGxD42--39NfvYPzYfQFn708Y>