[NFBSea] FW: Build Rail Not Parking!

jacobstruiksma at gmail.com jacobstruiksma at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 19:04:44 UTC 2021

Passing on for your  information.

Build Rail Not Parking!

 <https://act.myngp.com/el/oJ69USiWUQ_iEQVbFq5tpA==/UXQR_8-8BT7D8kG8Q3Kmcg==?acontext=%7b%22source%22%3A5%2C%22action_history%22%3A%5b%7b%22surface%22%3A%22page%22%2C%22mechanism%22%3A%22main_list%22%2C%22extra_data%22%3A%22\%22%5b%5d\%22%22%7d%5d%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7d>

Tell Sound Transit “Build the High Quality Rail We Voted For Not Parking!”! <https://act.myngp.com/el/oJ69USiWUQ_iEQVbFq5tpA==/zIB3LOM1kzFxAkOFWR8KRw==>

Hi Jacob,

We have a short window of opportunity to make sure Sound Transit delivers ST3 at high quality to every location promised in the 2016 vote. To do that, we need your help!

Voters created Sound Transit primarily to build light rail. A key way to ensure we serve every community as soon as possible is by asking Sound Transit to save up to a billion by delaying construction on multiple Park & Ride garages and even consider selling some Park & Ride land for TOD housing, which would help fill the COVID-19 funding shortfall and provide much needed housing near light rail across the Puget Sound.

Please:

1.	Click this Link <https://act.myngp.com/el/oJ69USiWUQ_iEQVbFq5tpA==/zIB3LOM1kzFxAkOFWR8KRw==>
2.	Click the pink “Share what's important to you!” box
3.	Share your perspective on park and rides, and keeping promised rail corridors complete and high quality. We recommend the below statement:

"Parking is an expensive way to acquire riders, averaging $128,000 per net new space in ST3. By comparison, upzoning and selling the land to a market-rate developer adds riders and is revenue positive. Removing Link stations or adding traffic crossings is NOT an option.”

 <https://act.myngp.com/el/oJ69USiWUQ_iEQVbFq5tpA==/zIB3LOM1kzFxAkOFWR8KRw==> https://sound-transit-realignment.participate.online/

Thank you!

-Seattle Subway

Seattle Subway is a Washington State Non-profit Corporation, and an IRC 501(c)(4) social welfare organization.
Contributions to Seattle Subway are not tax deductible.

Seattle Subway <https://act.myngp.com/el/oJ69USiWUQ_iEQVbFq5tpA==/ZIi8YNxeLyVg2nsoaz680Q==>
2911 W Hayes St
Seattle, WA 98199

  <https://act.myngp.com/el/oJ69USiWUQ_iEQVbFq5tpA==/HWZYXhKQYfpDEK0VODa3MQ==>