[NFBSea] Crosscut reporter looking to talk to people who have been hit by cars in Seattle

Anna Zivarts annaz at dr-wa.org
Fri Aug 6 23:45:32 UTC 2021

I spoke with her about the needs for more sidewalks where they don't exist, safer crossings, slower car speeds, and smoother, wider, unobstructed sidewalks. And also talked about the time I got hit in a crosswalk with my kid by a car that was stopped and decided to turn right on red.
I think the focus of the story is how pedestrian deaths are increasing, even while car crashes overall are going down. I encourage anyone with a story to be in touch.