[NFBSea] financial assistance for NFB national convention

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 26 04:56:51 UTC 2022

Hello Keri and Humberto,

Keri, I am so sorry you were let go from your new job. I would be happy to talk with you and help you explore options. You can reach me at 206-604-5507 anytime between 9 AM and 9 PM the next couple of days.

Humberto, i’m sorry this has caused you to feel  more frightened about finding work but I understand your feelings. I would also like to talk with you. I’ll give you a call sometime in the next couple of days.

Being fired or being rejected during a job application or interview because of blindness is blatant and unacceptable discrimination. There are also times when this happens for some other reason and sometimes we don’t know whether that reason has to do with our blindness or something else. The National Federation of the Blind is committed to fighting discrimination and overcoming barriers to employment and the full participation of blind people in society.

Marci Carpenter