[NFBSea] Greater Seattle Chapter Picnic

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Sun Jul 31 20:22:59 UTC 2022

Jacob, et al,

There is a committee who I understand will be contacting me to discuss the details of our august 20 social event.  Right now, preliminarily, I am thinking about a start time of 3:00 p.m.;  food that can safely stay outside, such as burgers and hotdogs (vegetarian options included, chips, and the traditional drinks;  the requirement of food being kept outside is to avoid, among other things, COVID exposure issues;  and we will have to think about how to keep people cool, perhaps by having as much ice available that we can.  I am looking forward to seeing everyone.

My house is at 3800 S. Ferris Place, which is at the end of the 14 bus route going south.  I am in the Mt. Baker neighborhood. The 14 bus goes down S. McClellan from 31st Avenue to the transit center near the Mt. Baker light rail station, and then heads up the hill to where my house is.  The last stop is after a noticeable SHARP TURN and is THE Hanford stop.  When you get off the bus, you turn left, go down to the corner, cross the street, which is S. Ferris Place, and my house is right there.  You turn right after you cross S. Ferris Place, and on the left a few feet down will be a set of stairs, which is my house.
Noel