[NFBSea] Fwd: Spread the word: Mobility Meeting in CM Morales' Committee 2/10

Jacob Struiksma jacobstruiksma at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 23:37:28 UTC 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Anna Zivarts <annaz at dr-wa.org>
Date: Wed, Feb 8, 2023, 1:24 PM
Subject: Fwd: Spread the word: Mobility Meeting in CM Morales' Committee
2/10
To: Disability Mobility Initiative <dismobility at googlegroups.com>

*Initiation below for folks who want to listen in or offer public comment
in this Seattle City Council meeting about mobility access. *

*-Anna*

Hi all,

I hope you are doing well today. As I mentioned at the Seattle Within Reach
meeting last week, CM Morales will be hosting a panel discussion at our
upcoming Neighborhoods, Education, Civil Rights, & Culture committee
meeting on Friday at 9:30am at City Hall. The topic of the discussion will
be *Impact of Mobility on Social Wellbeing, Community Care, & Neighborhood
Accessibility. *

Panelists will be Angela Castañeda from the Beacon Business Alliance, Erica
Bush from Duwamish Valley Safe Streets, and Ab Juaner from Puget Sound Sage.

CM Morales herself will be focusing on the idea of improving mobility
options and safety for everyone as a key ingredient in building
well-connected, well-resourced, diverse communities.

CM Morales would also like to use this meeting as an opportunity for
community members to share their stories relating to mobility challenges
and road safety, and even to share ideas on how we can make our streets
safe for everyone who uses them.

*Meeting information below:*

*What:* Neighborhoods, Education, Civil Rights, & Culture committee - Panel
on the Impact of Mobility on Social Wellbeing, Community Care, &
Neighborhood Accessibility

*When:* In-person & virtual public comment starts at 9:30am, this Friday,
February 10th

*Where:* Seattle City Hall, Council Chambers – 600 4th Ave, 2nd Floor

Please share this information with anyone that you believe would like to
attend and share their story. Feel free to contact me if you have any
questions.

Thanks to you all!

Thanks,

Devin