[Nfbsf] Possible New List

Deborah Proctor drdebp at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 14 23:25:54 UTC 2009

Dear Darian,

Thank you so much for your response.   Apparently someone, perhaps Connie,
finally responded to my note by passing it along to you.  I'd be happy to
speak to your group soon, but am unable to this weekend as I have company
arriving.

Although I'm a veterinarian by profession, I've spent the past 5 years
trying to protect myself and loves ones from those who've learned how easy
it is to exploit the elderly.   It's common place, and members of the legal
community and justice system are acutally helping the predators since
they've all learned how to make money by supporting them.

Almost all cases I've dealt with have resulted from vulnerabilities due to
visual impairment or communication difficulties and I've been wondering why
there are no provisions in the law to increase the penalties for being
predators on the blind.

Please keep in touch and let me know when you'd like me to speak, albeit
informally.  I'd be happy to share my experiences, but I'm as eager to learn
any resources you and your membership have to protect you from theft and
exploitation.

Thanks again,

Deb